What's new

RT-AC66 reboot on it's own

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mogulman

Regular Contributor
Just had my RT-AC66 Router Reboot on it's own. Any way to find out why it rebooted?

The only thing I've done recently is updating my firmware to Merlin's newest version 376.45 2 days ago. Also I enabled IPV6 since Comcast is now saying they have it completely rolled out.

I haven't noticed anything else strange other than this reboot.

Going in the logs through the GUI, it only has stuff since the reboot.

Happened again last night. Going to try and disable ipv6 and see if that fixes it. Otherwise... Other option.. Go back to a previous FW or restore default firmware settings...

Any ideas what to try first?

Reboot

Try disabling HW Acceleration (LAN -> Switch Control -> NAT Acceleration).

I'm also on Comcast and ran into a similar issue. I've been running with HW acceleration off and the router's stayed up.

Happened again last night. Going to try and disable ipv6 and see if that fixes it. Otherwise... Other option.. Go back to a previous FW or restore default firmware settings...

Any ideas what to try first?

the logs been wiped on reboot is really dumb, I am amazed asus still havent fixed this.

I started putting my syslog on my usb stick and is a thread on here how to do it, but sadly when I last rebooted sometime last week I still lost the 5 days worth of log before the reboot so is still broken even using that workaround.

Ok...It's been working since changing to IPv4 for 2 weeks. Trying IPV6 again right now. Let's see.

Did you try disabling HW acceleration as was previously recommended?

So far seems good with hw acceleration disabled. Although I have a pretty fast wan connection, 120Mbps. Not sure if ipv6 does anything for me. Any reason that Ipv6 is more important than hw acceleration.

Having this issue in latest stock and .51 merlin. Stinks really, I want to utilize ipv6 but this router chokes without NAT acceleration when downloading anything at full speed (105 Mbps).

edit:

Contacted ASUS about this, their suggestion is to enable Jumbo Frames. Pretty sure this wont help, but I'll see if it fixes the crash.

Last edited:
yeah merlin may have seen my post on linksysforums (chrcoluk)

I only just came back to asuswrt-merlin because of CTF, at 70mbps my router was almost crashing, even the lan gui wasnt responsive, the software interrupts was completely flooding the cpu, so at 100+mbps you must have had singificant issues.

Now with CTF enabled, my cpu usage has plummeted when line is maxed out, and router stays responsive, but make sure you disable per ip traffic monitoring so CTF can work.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!