What's new

RT-AC66U AiCloud 2.0 not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yeah, that's pretty much what I have said. I can see this page on my local network, but I can't using the WAN IP or the DDNS.

It looks like the service is working, but not exposed to the internet, maybe the firewall rules aren't being applied.

If you SSH into the router and post the output of iptables-save we might be able to spot something.

It's possible that your ISP is blocking port 443 inbound, so you could try changing it to some other port in the router settings. Did you try port scanning 433 from the internet?

P.S. You're not using port 443 for something else are you? Like a VPN server?

Last edited:
Found this:

-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8082 -j DROP
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 443 -j ACCEPT
That's what I was looking for. So as far as I can see it should be working.

At the risk of repeating myself for a fourth time, have you tried scanning port 443 from the internet?

Yeah, I used an online port scanner:

1686946448420.png

1686946462471.png

Can you confirm that you have a public IP address and are not behind another router (and port forwarding to the Asus) or have a CGNAT connection.

Try my other suggestion of changing port 443 to something like 22345.

Last edited:
Damn, why would 443 be blocked then? Maybe my ISP for security reasons, to avoid a malware settings an HTTPS in my network?
Maybe they don't allow residential customers to run public facing web servers because they reserve that for business customers? That was a fairly common practice 15 or 20 years ago, but today... Seems a pretty bad idea with all the IoT devices and remote access requirements nowadays.

I have seen some people saying 443 was reserved for enterprise customers. I called them and they said I can configure to open this port myself on the modem, but I will just leave it with this new port.

Thanks a lot Colin!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!