What's new

RT-AC66U B1 wan not connecting to the internet after manual reboot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

biros

New Around Here
Hello,
Just installed the latest merlin, whenever i reboot the router, it will not connect to the internet (pppoe), i am not rebooting the pppoe modem(!).
After a while the typical asus "Recconnecting to the Internet" will appear on a new tab but nothing happens besides that.
If i go to "wan" and hit apply on the bottom of the page, it will connect.
If this is a feature, i am concerned if there is a blackout and i am not at home to access the gui locally.
What i did: nvram erase before and after flash, flashed latest merlin, set up pppoe (generic stuff, i'll add a ss).
What i'd not like to do (in case if it's still a feature): to add a ups or reconfigure it from scratch (as it takes almost a day and i haven't set any weird stuff what i wouldn't on the official rom).
I was considering merlin for the snmp, smb v2 and the better openvpn but this is a no go like this, the official rom reconnects after a reboot.
Thank you in advance.

1641465458716.jpeg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!