What's new

RT-AC66U_B1 wps button wifi toggle - missing setting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Richard Kufčák

New Around Here
Hello,

I would like to use WPS button for WiFi toggle as I use WiFi scheduler to turn off WiFi during the night hours -for case when I go sleep later as usual.

If I know well, normally Merlin FW has setting in the Administration/System for it. But as for RT-AC66U_B1 is used same FW as for the RT-AC68U, which has separate HW button for wifi toggle, there is no such setting, unfortunatelly.

Can somebody help me to have this wifi toggle on WPS button on RT-AC66U_B1 router please?

Thank you a lot in advance,

Richard

Hello,

I would like to use WPS button for WiFi toggle as I use WiFi scheduler to turn off WiFi during the night hours -for case when I go sleep later as usual.

If I know well, normally Merlin FW has setting in the Administration/System for it. But as for RT-AC66U_B1 is used same FW as for the RT-AC68U, which has separate HW button for wifi toggle, there is no such setting, unfortunatelly.

Can somebody help me to have this wifi toggle on WPS button on RT-AC66U_B1 router please?

Thank you a lot in advance,

Richard
Hello guys,
could somebody reply/help me to my question please?
Thank you, Richard

Sorry, the wifi toggle button reassign is currently only supported on the older MIPS based routers.

I took a look at this a while ago, and implementing this is difficult, so unlikely to happen.

OK, thanks for the answer. That's really a pity :-(. Official FW from the Asus does handle it, does'n it?

No. That's why implementing it is so difficult.

I thought yes because in the Asus user manual for AC66U B1 they mention it (4.7.2. System, WPS button behavior). I installed Merlin immediately after buy expexting that this will work, so that's the reason why I'm not sure about ASUS FW behaviour.

I'll try to find time and will try to install it and prove whether actual version of Asus FW have or does not have in it. I will let leave a note then.

Thank you for your answers, have a nice time, Richard

They probably reused the manual from the original RT-AC66U.