What's new

RT-AC66W block IPs outbound

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

user51610

New Around Here
I'm trying to block access to a certain domain. I found some instructions to add rules to the firewall (here). But, this appears to be dependent on something called Skynet, which I don't seem to be able to run. I get an error about the IPSet version. From what I've read, I appear to be running a dinosaur of a router (???), so the latest firmware version available for this thing (380.70) is too old for Skynet to run properly.

I feel like it shouldn't be this hard to simply block access to an IP address, which seems like basic functionality, but I could be wrong. What other way is there to block some IP addresses on an AC66W running Merlin 380.70? I already have the list from the curl command in the linked post.

The best you can do with a router that old is to use Firewall > URL Filter or Firewall > Network Services Filter

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!