What's new

[RT-AC68] Atium Bead for you to burn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized (since I had to revert some bad settings): Cannot save settings! It always results in a 0kb file. verified on OS X 10.8 Safari and Firefox, Windows 7 Firefox.

Also a feature request, (or a way to do this via the command line): the ability to run the OpenVPN and PPTP servers simultaneously! While I realize PPTP is flawed, and OpenVPN the clear winner, the ubiquity of PPTP makes it the only easy choice when using many devices, or dealing with people who just won't deal with OpenVPNs quirks (PPTP is better than nothing). The ability to have security when I can, but at least SOMETHING when I can't, would be a huge help.

Last edited:
I searched the thread but found nothing.

On this build, the firmware is writing the log file syslog.log to my jffs. I'm worried about the flash being consumed and the size is already 200 KB. I see no option to turn it off or even on.

Just realized (since I had to revert some bad settings): Cannot save settings! It always results in a 0kb file. verified on OS X 10.8 Safari and Firefox, Windows 7 Firefox..

same here, w8+ chrome and other browsers...

Can some one give me some advice regarding the ac68u
I'm thinking of upgrading from the ac66u to the ac68u but I've read a review on amazon saying how unstable the wifi was , I would be using merlin's firmware as I do now too.

Just realized (since I had to revert some bad settings): Cannot save settings! It always results in a 0kb file. verified on OS X 10.8 Safari and Firefox, Windows 7 Firefox.

Already fixed in current development code.

I searched the thread but found nothing.

On this build, the firmware is writing the log file syslog.log to my jffs. I'm worried about the flash being consumed and the size is already 200 KB. I see no option to turn it off or even on.

This is a new feature that Asus added in 374_339 but forgot to mention in their changelog: persistent syslog. Since you have 32 MB of JFFS space, you will hardly run out of space - logs are even rotated.

May I have hope to heave this kernel with fix in future release ?
Thank you for your great job.

As I said, I already backported the fix into 2.6.36.4. There is no need for a newer kernel (which is impossible anyway, due to the closed source components).

Asus just released new firmware with version number 3.0.0.4.374.371
I am unable to download this new version. I get the "file not found" error message whenever I click on the download link.

Also seems as if overall bandwidth stats don't function properly if per-IP monitoring is enabled. I think I remember this being a problem in the .34_2 release as well. Haven't had a chance to disable per-IP and see if overall monitoring comes back. Have already manually rm'ed the tomato_rstats file and recreated it via the webgui, and verified permissions are correct.

Any sense in resetting to factory defaults before/after flash? I printed out all the settings expecting the flash to wipe them but everything stayed intact. Should I reset to factory and re-enter them? Coming from 374.34_2

As I said, I already backported the fix into 2.6.36.4. There is no need for a newer kernel (which is impossible anyway, due to the closed source components).
RMerlin, please pardon my ignorance. you said is backported, how I can then apply this to my router ? I need wait for your new release, right ? Or I can apply this somehow by myself ?

RMerlin, please pardon my ignorance. you said is backported, how I can then apply this to my router ? I need wait for your new release, right ? Or I can apply this somehow by myself ?

You have to wait for a new FW release, unless you are willing to compile it yourself - all the up-to-date source code has been published to my Github code repository.

Any sense in resetting to factory defaults before/after flash? I printed out all the settings expecting the flash to wipe them but everything stayed intact. Should I reset to factory and re-enter them? Coming from 374.34_2

How can you be coming from 374.34_2 when 374.35-alpha is the first release for the RT-AC68U?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't http://www.mediafire.com/download/1xjq7fbt9tyw2qx/RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4_374.34_2.zip a link to your .34_2 release for the AC68U?

Ah right, I had that release based on older GPL code first. Does it show I'm out of it with everything going on these days? :)

Just a friendly nudge: any hope of getting PPTP and OpenVPN up simultaneously? ;)

For now I kept that code the way Asus implemented it, which means it's not simultaneous anymore. I haven't made any final decision yet as to what I'll do concerning this matter, it will depend on how much work will be required to change it back to simultaneous availability. Personally, I'm tempted to not do anything to encourage people toward using PPTP anymore, especially since Asus has made it very easy to use OpenVPN now that it can automatically generate a config file for you, and easily configurable username/password based authentication.

Oh so stock firmware enables jffs now too? I wonder if flash life will be shortened. Will it be turned off if I disable JFFS?

This is a new feature that Asus added in 374_339 but forgot to mention in their changelog: persistent syslog. Since you have 32 MB of JFFS space, you will hardly run out of space - logs are even rotated.

Status
Not open for further replies.