What's new

[RT-AC68] Atium Bead for you to burn

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh so stock firmware enables jffs now too? I wonder if flash life will be shortened. Will it be turned off if I disable JFFS?

You can't disable JFFS on the stock firmware, only with my firmware.

I doubt the life expectancy will be greatly reduced, as the logfiles are fairly small, over the spread of 32 MB of flash (96 MB in the case of the stock firmware as it uses the whole unused flash space for it).

Just tested it again and I can download this file. Try for yourself ;)

It can take a few hours for new files to become downloadable as they are being synced amongst all of Asus's servers.

It can take a few hours for new files to become downloadable as they are being synced amongst all of Asus's servers.
Apparently it takes about 24 hours for Asus's servers to sync. I first tried downloading that file yesterday morning at 8 AM or thereabouts and tried at around midnight just before going to sleep for the night to no avail. It is only now that I am able to download this new firmware.

Apparently it takes about 24 hours for Asus's servers to sync. I first tried downloading that file yesterday morning at 8 AM or thereabouts and tried at around midnight just before going to sleep for the night to no avail. It is only now that I am able to download this new firmware.

Depends on which server. The Chinese server had the files up for download yesterday evening when I checked.

For now I kept that code the way Asus implemented it, which means it's not simultaneous anymore. I haven't made any final decision yet as to what I'll do concerning this matter, it will depend on how much work will be required to change it back to simultaneous availability. Personally, I'm tempted to not do anything to encourage people toward using PPTP anymore, especially since Asus has made it very easy to use OpenVPN now that it can automatically generate a config file for you, and easily configurable username/password based authentication.

And I don't disagree with the whole "get away from PPTP" thing, but I'd definitely donate specifically for that feature alone, or at least a way to manually start the PPTP server via the command line/startup script. It was wonderful to not have to make the choice, especially for iDevices, where OpenVPN support is terrible. Love your work!

So I just tried the _371 firmware from Asus and it seems really nice, performance (particularly SMB) seems to have improved. Are you going to be integrating the new GPL 371 or 339 into Atium Bead?

So I just tried the _371 firmware from Asus and it seems really nice, performance (particularly SMB) seems to have improved. Are you going to be integrating the new GPL 371 or 339 into Atium Bead?

Atium Bead is already based on 339.

I will eventually merge 371, unless Asus releases a newer one before I get the chance to get to it.

Atium Bead is already based on 339.

I will eventually merge 371, unless Asus releases a newer one before I get the chance to get to it.

Something to look into that I thought was really weird, when running the latest 371, I was unable to rm or chown/chmod large directories on our shared drive, it would quickly lock up the router, all connections would drop for a few seconds, then come back; running "uptime" would then indicate the router had just restarted. I switched to your alpha3, and the issue went away. This was not a problem when running stock 339 either. Maybe something got introduced in 371? This is a large drive (1 million+ files, 16TB, 80% full).

Edit: more info: the system log didn't show anything. Logs just showed a startup sequence right after executing the command.

Last edited:
Router setting help please

I'm the noob here lol. i had the RT-N65U and upgraded to the AC68U. I'm looking for the best settings for gaming via ps4 console. All we do in my home is game. The wife is a PC gamer and me a console gamer. Mostly everything is default because I don't have a lot of knowledge like most of you. The only thing I changed is turning on Qos and adding my speeds and added the PSN (playstation network) in the user defined rules. I want to push as much bandwidth to my PS4 console as I can! We have pretty good speeds here. I hit 103down/11up 9ms ping. We have zero packetloss to our server. I'm actually having a static IP being issued and installed today for my PS4. Any suggestions or tweaks I can do?

Closing this thread, as this test build has long been superseded by non-beta releases (latest being 374.35_4 at this time).

Status
Not open for further replies.