What's new

RT-AC68U New FW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, I do have a Plex server... but why wasn't these messages constantly showing up in the previous firmware? Is there a way to stop it by configuring something on the Plex server?
RMerlin, I did a search for this syslog message and Plex server and came across an older thread where you and someone else knowledgable about it was involved... here: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/miniupnpd-744-firmware-374-42_2.17666/
It looks like you both got to the bottom of it and fixed it back then in the older firmware(s)... but have you passed this fix onto your Asus contacts so that they can fix it in the Asus releases? Seems like maybe you did (or they did) fix it but now it is back again. Can you enlighten Asus to fix it again in current latest firmwares?

Yes, I do have a Plex server... but why wasn't these messages constantly showing up in the previous firmware? Is there a way to stop it by configuring something on the Plex server?

Not sure. All I know is that it's a bug with Plex, which was fixed by the miniupnpd author a few months ago. My firmware is fine since I use an up-to-date version of miniupnpd, but Asus's still using the 4+ years old version 1.4.

RMerlin, I did a search for this syslog message and Plex server and came across an older thread where you and someone else knowledgable about it was involved... here: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/miniupnpd-744-firmware-374-42_2.17666/
It looks like you both got to the bottom of it and fixed it back then in the older firmware(s)... but have you passed this fix onto your Asus contacts so that they can fix it in the Asus releases? Seems like maybe you did (or they did) fix it but now it is back again. Can you enlighten Asus to fix it again in current latest firmwares?

I didn't. If I forwarded every single fix that I did to Asus, I'd be spending a lot of my personal time flooding them with Emails. So, I usually only forward them the most critical issues (security, crashing bugs, that kind of things).

In this case, Asus would just need to upgrade miniupnpd to a more recent version.

Why did the U version skip .4376 and go to .4585 and the only difference is:

Bug fixes
- Fixed DPI engine initiation issue.
- Updated AiCloud related string.
- Updated QIS string.

is this really worth an upgrade from .4376 to .4585?

If you use or plan to use AiProtection / Parental control, yes it is worth (as they are fully broken in 4376).

I didn't. If I forwarded every single fix that I did to Asus, I'd be spending a lot of my personal time flooding them with Emails. So, I usually only forward them the most critical issues (security, crashing bugs, that kind of things).

In this case, Asus would just need to upgrade miniupnpd to a more recent version.
I've just submitted a request for a fix to their latest Asus firmware to update the miniupnpd software package. Let's see if it gets to the right developers and they will fix it.

Have had this version running for four days now and not a single email about AI Protection claiming devices on my network are attacking my own network. Looks like they fixed that one. Still do not think the bandwidth monitor is functioning correctly on IE. Meters seem to freeze and at times show a negative number.

Can someone please tell me how to properly set up AiProtection "Alert Preferences."

Under PROVIDER, all I see is Google (which is selected). Under EMAIL I put my email address and in the PASSWORD box, do I put in the password of the router gui log-in???

Can someone please tell me how to properly set up AiProtection "Alert Preferences."

Under PROVIDER, all I see is Google (which is selected). Under EMAIL I put my email address and in the PASSWORD box, do I put in the password of the router gui log-in???

Hi,
You put your e-mail password

I just updated the firmware and my Signature Version is 1034.
The details regarding firmware 3.0.0.4.378_4585 System Version 1030.
Should it be 1034 or 1030?:(

I just updated the firmware and my Signature Version is 1034.
The details regarding firmware 3.0.0.4.378_4585 System Version 1030.
Should it be 1034 or 1030?:(
I believe its updated automatically via the TrendMicro engine.

Thanks for the quick reply. Didn't make since the Signature would remain the same but one never knows sometimes.

What version are you talking about? I still only see .4376 on the US site. I just loaded .4585 on my 68P and it's running fine.

Sorry I realize this a few days old now but I wasn't following the thread. If you look on support.asus.com you'll find it but it is also on www.asus.com/support now too. For some reason support.asus.com seems to be updated sooner so I always check there first.

Sorry I realize this a few days old now but I wasn't following the thread. If you look on support.asus.com you'll find it but it is also on www.asus.com/support now too. For some reason support.asus.com seems to be updated sooner so I always check there first.

Yeah they just uploaded it on the 18th. This one actually says 68P in the file name.

Silly question but how can you tell what signature version you have? Also, is Merlin's firmware typically up-to-date with the signature version or behind?

Silly question but how can you tell what signature version you have? Also, is Merlin's firmware typically up-to-date with the signature version or behind?

The signatures are automatically updated, so it does not matter which signature came with a given firmware. Most people's routers are up to 1.036 by now.

The currently installed signature can be see on the Firmware Upgrade page.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!