What's new

RT-AC68U router with Tomato v117 firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

exhibitO

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys, running tomato v117 for K26 ARM here, how do I access 802.11ac setting? I see only a, and n on my 5Ghz network.

Thanks,

Iokn8NZ.png

Since it is showing 80mhz channel width, I'd think you are on ac.

AUTO is A, N and AC. Just like the new Linksys WRT1900AC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I installed Tomato v117 for AC68U, and the router boots sometimes & the other times it doesn't, I just shows the power led and Ethernet led of the cable that's connected to it. Is anybody experiencing this weird issue, if so how do I fix it. Your help will be greatly appreciated, thank you :).

I installed Tomato v117 for AC68U, and the router boots sometimes & the other times it doesn't, I just shows the power led and Ethernet led of the cable that's connected to it. Is anybody experiencing this weird issue, if so how do I fix it. Your help will be greatly appreciated, thank you :).

There is only one fix; wait few months till the firmware is mature. As of now, the firmware is in early Alpha stage.

There is only one fix; wait few months till the firmware is mature. As of now, the firmware is in early Alpha stage.

I can do that, and thank you for the quick response :).

I'm not sure I configured something wrong, I'm getting very slow speeds on data transfer within my newtork, that is, from my home PC to my media PC which is 802.11ac compliant, my router is the AC68U Gigabit router..

I'm getting 34Mbps data transfer speed when I'm copying over a file is this normal?

Please see screenshots of my connection at 324Mbps -- is this normal?

I'm referencing this article, I am already on the 80Mhz channel, see post above, not sure if the tomato firmware is limiting my AC speeds.

SrGI1ed.png

Thanks

Exibit0

You are using a firmware that is in its early Alpha stage, thus there will be unforseen issues as you have ran it to.
Wait few months.

Exibit0

You are using a firmware that is in its early Alpha stage, thus there will be unforseen issues as you have ran it to.
Wait few months.

I understand, I just want to confirm this is normal behavior or I have set something incorrectly?

I understand, I just want to confirm this is normal behavior or I have set something incorrectly?

Direct answer, if you just have to know, its normal behavior.

I can't even use the firmware on either 68R routers.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!