What's new

RT-AC68U / RT-AC68P / RT-AC1900 / RT-AC1900P

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ask the person to send you a picture of the real label, post it here. Front picture of the router will help too.

Someone locally is selling an RT-AC68U stating it was purchased from Amazon a few years ago. He says there's no HW on the rear label, so how do I know which version it is?
There ought to be a white label on the back that shows the original firmware version, PIN code, MAC, serial number ,etc. Get him to send you a picture of that as well general shots of the complete back and front.

So, not a black and white answer here. It appears that many, if not all, of the devices with the FCCID ending with 68P V2 only have a label with SN, MAC and WPS PIN. There is (was) a HW version on the box itself, but for most that's been recycled.

I have read this and other posts that discuss various CLI queries, but none that I know of actually tell you the HW rev. Opening the case will probaly get you the HW version of the board assy, but that may or may not be the finished product revision. It's probably just the sub assembly.

My many years of manufacturing experience suggest that with enough serial number data from those that actually have the package, we could maybe figure out what's what, but that's not likely to happen.

As long as it is not the old A1 model, I think all RT-AC68U models and variants are ok, no big differences in performances.

As long as it is not the old A1 model, I think all RT-AC68U models and variants are ok, no big differences in performances.
Thanks..very helpful..Found someone else selling one but it IS the HW A1 version so I'm going to pass on it.

A new firmware 3.0.0.4.386.45934 has been released for the router at 144.4 MBytes
How will it fit if the flash of the AC68x is only 128 MBytes?

A new firmware 3.0.0.4.386.45934 has been released for the router at 144.4 MBytes
The image contains two different versions of the firmware, one for the RT-AC68U_V4 and another for the other versions.

The double file size since a few firmware release is because the file contains two firmware images: one for the "classic" models and one the (near future?) V4 of the RT-AC68U.

Cut RT-AC68U.trx_v123

HexEditor:
1. Find RT-AC68U
2. [01] next line to end --> Delete
3. Save

Reference : https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/blob/master/release/src-rt/Makefile#L741

cutRT-AC68U_v123.jpg

hi all
my qwe - i have ac68u a1 and he want no to flash, only some old stock 3.0.4.374.5656 and latest from offsite dosnt flash... i try about 5-6 times, reboot, reset, but no effect.
are there any custom fw??

what i need to flash and how, from 192.168.1.1 ?
FW_RT_AC68U_3004.376.3626.trx or RT-AC68U_378.55_0.trx from Merlin ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!