What's new

RT-AC68U stuck on 144.44Mbps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

grayles

Occasional Visitor
I use a Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter on the MSI GT72 notebook. And when i look at its speed its at 144.44Mbps when connected to the RT-AC68U. I've followed some guides about changing professional settings but nothings working.

EDIT: i have now factory reset the router. Its getting 866.7Mbps at 50cm away with 4/5 bars on the wireless bars on windows 10. Any idea?

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
Sometimes the link rate will be low at idle, then the link rate will increase as required.

Run some throughput tests and see if it increases.

I use a Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter on the MSI GT72 notebook. And when i look at its speed its at 144.44Mbps when connected to the RT-AC68U. I've followed some guides about changing professional settings but nothings working.

EDIT: i have now factory reset the router. Its getting 866.7Mbps at 50cm away with 4/5 bars on the wireless bars on windows 10. Any idea?

Thanks for your help

Looks like it might have been camping on 2.4Ghz, as that would be the 802.11n rate as appropriate for 2.4Ghz 2-stream at 20MHz...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!