What's new

RT-AC68U Version 3.0.0.4.384.10007

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am also getting the same exact error in my System Log. It looks like it's every 10 seconds.

I have two TM-AC1900 that I converted into RT-AC68U and using them in an AiMesh network.

I submitted the Feedback within the router itself.
What Method did you use to convert your TM-AC1900? i bought two as well, followed guide to convert, seemed to work, able to flash this latest for RT-AC68U, but no AiMesh to be found in the GUI..

What Method did you use to convert your TM-AC1900? i bought two as well, followed guide to convert, seemed to work, able to flash this latest for RT-AC68U, but no AiMesh to be found in the GUI..

I did the Googles99 instructions, making sure to change all 3 MAC addresses.
I used a hex editor (HxD).
I did this on both routers.

Worked just fine for me.

I did the Googles99 instructions, making sure to change all 3 MAC addresses.
I used a hex editor (HxD).
I did this on both routers.

Worked just fine for me.
i think its just my MACs then. It was not mentioned in the guide i followed, but that was for only for flashing a single router, nothing to do with AiMesh. thx!

i think its just my MACs then. It was not mentioned in the guide i followed, but that was for only for flashing a single router, nothing to do with AiMesh. thx!

I ran into the same problem, but found after some help from others here that you have to use the correct CFE file. Specifically, goggles99's CFE file. If you are using the instructions from that bayarea..xxx xxxx site, those files provided alone won't get you there. You can flash to the latest firmware fine, but the CFE doesn't work with aimesh. I had to go back and edit goggles99's CFE with my mac addy's and secret code and then it worked right away after a reset. I took the easy route and used Ronald's "cfe.exe" file to copy and replace the mac addy's and secret code. Worked great and once I figured out what my problem was, I was up in like 10 minutes.

I ran into the same problem, but found after some help from others here that you have to use the correct CFE file. Specifically, goggles99's CFE file. If you are using the instructions from that bayarea..xxx xxxx site, those files provided alone won't get you there. You can flash to the latest firmware fine, but the CFE doesn't work with aimesh. I had to go back and edit goggles99's CFE with my mac addy's and secret code and then it worked right away after a reset. I took the easy route and used Ronald's "cfe.exe" file to copy and replace the mac addy's and secret code. Worked great and once I figured out what my problem was, I was up in like 10 minutes.[/
I ran into the same problem, but found after some help from others here that you have to use the correct CFE file. Specifically, goggles99's CFE file. If you are using the instructions from that bayarea..xxx xxxx site, those files provided alone won't get you there. You can flash to the latest firmware fine, but the CFE doesn't work with aimesh. I had to go back and edit goggles99's CFE with my mac addy's and secret code and then it worked right away after a reset. I took the easy route and used Ronald's "cfe.exe" file to copy and replace the mac addy's and secret code. Worked great and once I figured out what my problem was, I was up in like 10 minutes.
You are exactly right, that is the method i followed. works fine as stand alone router, but like you said, AiMesh a no go. sounds like i have about 10 min of work left to do, haha. thx!

At least something is changed in the NAT Acceleration part.
My router now only shows "CTF (Cut Through Forwarding) is enabled" while with previous firmware also "FA (Flow Acceleration)" was mentioned. This may just be a GUI correction, I believe FA is not supported by the RT-AC68U.
It was my understanding that only some of the 68U revisions supported FA. My B1 model supported FA and it was indeed working as the cpu usage with FA enabled would be negligible during speedtests. With just CTF the cpu usage would hit 100%. I also noticed that when turning off a feature that would disable FA I would need to do a hard reboot to get FA to come back on. The soft reboot when hitting apply after turning off the feature was not enough to get FA to come back on.

I had a really strange experience with this firmware today and I am not sure if it has something to do with the AiMesh or something else in this new firmware.
I have two RT-AC68U and one is in media bridge mode.

I updated the main router to 384.10007 and all went well so I then updated the media bridge router. After the media bridge router rebooted all devices connected to it had no internet access and I could not access the GUI on the media bridge router.

I then reset it to defaults and proceeded to setup the router in Bridge mode again with auto IP selected (I have a IP reservation for the bridge router in the main router).
After all was set I still had no connections or access to the media bridge router. I then used the device discovery tool and it found the bridge router but the IP was wrong and the SSID was showing up as Asus_Guest1. When I clicked on the bridge router in the device discovery tool to try and configure it I was warned it was on a different Subnet Mask than the network.

So then I wondered why the media bridge was using one of the guest slots for the bridge and why was it not picking up the IP I have set for it in the main router or the SSID of the main router 5 GHz band.
I reset it again but this time set a static IP (the one that was in reservation on the main router).
I then had access to the bridge router GUI so I went to the guest network section and sure enough Asus_Guest1 was enabled but still had no connections. I had never enabled any of the guest networks on this router.

I downgraded the bridge router back to 382.18547 then reset to defaults. I setup bridge mode again with auto IP selected.
Everything went as planned and all devices connected again.

I then went into the bridge router with 382.18547 on it to check the guest network section and all were disabled. I checked the SSID of the bridge router with device discovery tool and it was showing the same SSID that is set in the main routers 5 GHz radio which is what I expected it to be.

For now I will just leave the media bridge router on the older firmware.

Indeed, it's fixed. My PPOE connection it's working fine now.

300/300 without problems, and IPTV without artifacts while downloading st high speeds.

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X Pro mediante Tapatalk
Just an update after one day: sometimes, still experiencing some problems with speed and performance.

With no reason, cpu comes high and speeds down. After several minutes the stability comes back, and so on...

Seems it needs some more work.

AiMesh router RT-AC5300 (AP mode)
Current Version : 9.0.0.4.382_19612-g01e94f5
AiMesh nodeRT-AC68U (connected via Ethernet back-haul)
Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_10007-g8e859e9

I used these systems in the exact locations connected to a central Cisco Router and WiFi connections were rock solid. I updated both t oAiMesh FW as stated above and the WiFi connections are horrible. My devices keep disconnecting especially my Nest and Google Home devices. I've also been getting the following error messages in syslog:

Jan 13 02:02:22 hour monitor: dpi engine doesn't exist
Jan 13 02:02:41 lldpd[407]: unable to send packet on real device for eth3: No buffer space available
Jan 13 02:02:41 lldpd[407]: unable to send packet on real device for wl2.3: No buffer space available
Jan 13 02:02:41 lldpd[407]: unable to send packet on real device for wl2.1: No buffer space available
Jan 13 02:02:41 lldpd[407]: unable to send packet on real device for wds2.2: No buffer space available

AiMesh router RT-AC5300 (AP mode)
Current Version : 9.0.0.4.382_19612-g01e94f5
AiMesh nodeRT-AC68U (connected via Ethernet back-haul)
Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_10007-g8e859e9

Another issue I'm having is that if I select "auto" in the AiMesh node it selects WiFi and the speed tests are 3X slower. If I force it to use ethernet the speed tests are 3X faster.

I may have to roll everything back to my legacy config. I have to work from home and can't keep getting disconnected...

Since firmware version 380.7743 every time I access ASUS Login or I browse through the UI, Chrome tells me that the page is "Not Secure".
I updated to the latest firmware and nothing has changed.

I even switched Administration > System > Autenthication Method to BOTH or HTTPS, but no luck.

Actually HTTPS gave me the notorious authentication problem (which locks users out), and I needed a guide to get back into the UI.

So, what could I do to prevent Chrome from detecting the router UI as "Not Secure"?
Previous firmware versions didn't give me this problem, and the UI was detected as "Secure".

Since firmware version 380.7743 every time I access ASUS Login or I browse through the UI, Chrome tells me that the page is "Not Secure".
I updated to the latest firmware and nothing has changed.

I even switched Administration > System > Autenthication Method to BOTH or HTTPS, but no luck.

Actually HTTPS gave me the notorious authentication problem (which locks users out), and I needed a guide to get back into the UI.

So, what could I do to prevent Chrome from detecting the router UI as "Not Secure"?
Previous firmware versions didn't give me this problem, and the UI was detected as "Secure".

Just ignore that. It's Chrome being paranoid. Your router isn't a public web server, therefore it has no need for a commercial-grade SSL certificate.

This has nothing to do with the firmware version, it's a Chrome update that added this notification.

I just updated and I am having many issues when setting up my router as a repeater.. I'll set it up and choose the automatically address ip feature and it sets itself to 192.168.1.1 instead of what it used to do which was setting itself to my modems ip which is 192.168.0.X, I do it manually and it doesn't read the IP and thus I can't get connected to the modem nor the internet. I factory reset my router and I'm still having issues and it's frustrating me because I updated it in hopes that it'll fix an issue I was having with connecting usb devices. Is it possible that I can set it to automatically set up then set the IP manually after I have it setup...

I just updated and I am having many issues when setting up my router as a repeater.. I'll set it up and choose the automatically address ip feature and it sets itself to 192.168.1.1 instead of what it used to do which was setting itself to my modems ip which is 192.168.0.X, I do it manually and it doesn't read the IP and thus I can't get connected to the modem nor the internet. I factory reset my router and I'm still having issues and it's frustrating me because I updated it in hopes that it'll fix an issue I was having with connecting usb devices. Is it possible that I can set it to automatically set up then set the IP manually after I have it setup...
I would suggest using Merlin's latest firmware unless you want to use AiMesh. That's the only reason I switched from Merlin which has been very stable for me for several years with several different ASUS routers. I hope he's able to incorporate AiMesh into his releases in the future.

I updated the main router to 384.10007 and all went well so I then updated the media bridge router. After the media bridge router rebooted all devices connected to it had no internet access and I could not access the GUI on the media bridge router

Same problem here.
Main router RT-AC1900p (380.69)
Brigde Router: Rt-AC68u (384.10007)
When i flashed my RT-AC68 (brigde) with the new 384.10007, immediately all the devices hooked on it lost internet access, even the lan.
I have tried everything. clear nvram, initialize, factory reset, reboot .... Always the same little yellow triangle (No internet access)

AC68(bridge) is now back to 380.69, and work perfectly

*It may because that the main Router must be on the .10007 version as well, i have not tried it.
I do not need at the moment the AIMESH stuff for my network configuration. All I need is a bridge that works.
Then my bridge will stay on 380.69 for a moment. :)

Last edited:
Same problem here.
Main router RT-AC1900p (380.69)
Brigde Router: Rt-AC68u (384.10007)
When i flashed my RT-AC68 (brigde) with the new 384.10007, immediately all the devices hooked on it lost internet access, even the lan.
I have tried everything. clear nvram, initialize, factory reset, reboot .... Always the same little yellow triangle (No internet access)

AC68(bridge) is now back to 380.69, and work perfectly

*It may because that the main Router must be on the .10007 version as well, i have not tried it.
I do not need at the moment the AIMESH stuff for my network configuration. All I need is a bridge that works.
Then my bridge will stay on 380.69 for a moment. :)

Do you mean the AP mode don't work at 384.10007 ?

Do you mean the AP mode don't work at 384.10007 ?
Bridge mode
Everything returns normal if reverting to a lower firmware, and it says "Connected".

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    103.8 KB · Views: 839
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    12.6 KB · Views: 647
Got it, it's known issue and will be fixed in next release.
Thanks for your information and feedback.
It appears to be the same with Repeater Mode. A repeater with 384.10007 firmware cannot connect to the primary router -- it appears to revert to a 192.168.1.1 IP address regardless of repeater or router configuration (I use a 192.168.222.1 IP for the primary router, and the repeater will not connect using either DHCP (auto) or manually configured 192.168.222.x IP).

Just an update after one day: sometimes, still experiencing some problems with speed and performance.

With no reason, cpu comes high and speeds down. After several minutes the stability comes back, and so on...

Seems it needs some more work.

I'm experiencing the same with this ASUS release on my RT-AC68U and also Merlin's beta 382 and alpha 384 builds. I have done a full factory reset - no difference. Any moderate load seems to trigger it and this is especially the case with IPTV.

HB

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!