What's new

RT-AC68U - Wireless router mode with Client Mode? (Connect router to AP while keeping NAT, etc)?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rkk2025

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Is it possible to connect my RT-AC68U (With AsusWRT-Merlin) to another AP (Just like a Wireless Repeater) while keeping the "Wireless router mode"? I want to keep a NATed subnet (With its own DHCP) that should not be accessible from outside, the "Wireless Repeater" mode doesn't fulfil that requirement. I don't have a physical cable to throw directly to the AP so I need my router to connect wirelessly. I could throw in another router acting as client in front of my Asus router, but given that my Asus router can perfectly act as Client (And I don't have a spare Client router at hand) it seems unnecessary.

Is there any way (Manual or hidden) to connect my Asus router to the AP while staying in the "Wireless router mode"?