What's new

Release RT-AC86U 11th January 2021 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.41634

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

We'll it's been a week since the update and I can happily and safely say there's no auto update.

not updated yet and no auto update.

have many updated? will the router die with that option disabled?

have around 50 devices running on this router.

I discovered that on the /AiMesh.asp page, they added an extra legend in the "ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi System" information section. AiMesh-enabled Powerline device, anyone?
Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 19.58.00.png

Last edited:
Is this patch for DNSmasq vulnerability present after using auto update function in router gui cuz i cant seem to find it on website?

No. Until only a few hours ago the dnsmasq patch was completely broken, and therefore unusable.

@ASUSWRT_2020

I also forgot to mention the other day, I checked my nodes for a temperature reading, I had two nodes travelling around 86C, with the exception of one node, which was at 101C.

What has ASUS changed other than "CPU Wait", to cause such a large variation in the router temperature in this public release firmware?

With this temperature increase, which may lead/cause a total failure of a router, is/are, ASUS willing to replace the router (free of charge), because of a faulty firmware, as a result, which is causing this temperature increase?

Or, is a router running in excess of a temperature of 100c, 24/7, considered ok/safe?

Please enlighten us all, as to why, ASUS think this excessive temperature increase is considered ok/safe, by previous firmware releases for this router?

We all await your response.
Upgraded to Merlin's Beta 4 RT-AC86Uand saw my temps go up and stay at 95C. I have a cooler somewhere but do I need the hassle and the low hum? No. Downgraded to Merlin 384.19 and temp is now comfy 75C. This while streaming and three other active users. Room temp now in the Caribbean 28C.

i have this fw version because i've updated and the router in with 68948 ºc room temp is 17.7º C so i think is normal.
what is the cpu wait disable ? show it be enabled by asus?

I discovered that on the /AiMesh.asp page, they added an extra legend in the "ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi System" information section. AiMesh-enabled Powerline device, anyone?View attachment 29826
Just realized that the image didn't upload correctly.

Anyone getting the same Powerline connection symbol?

screen-shot-2021-01-24-at-19-58-00-png.29826

Just realized that the image didn't upload correctly.

Anyone getting the same Powerline connection symbol?

screen-shot-2021-01-24-at-19-58-00-png.29826

Yes... it's common Info.

OE

any help?

the asus is in AP mode and with different SSID than the main router.
the old ext was an dlink dap 1620 in this case was really an extender because was connected to my network with wireless so its not an AP like Asus

my printer is an epson c5790 connected to the main router via wireless not the asus ac86u.
However the asus is in AP mode and i can find the printer it self on asus webUI and also print from the pc (that is connected to asus).

The scan works well if i scan from any pc to the machine.
The scan from the machine to the PC is not working, because i cant list any pc that is linked to ASUS ssid

Scan on the machine have some option:
1-to folder
2- Document PRO (epson software that is installed on each PC)
3- via WSD
4- cloud

Normally i should select document pro so it gets a list of all the pcs that have that software, then i select the PC and click scan. This is very useful cause i can see the documents on the machine and help the ADF if needed.
But its not a printer software problem because it works with the dlink.

@VANT that's why the temps are back to normal in merlin 386.1 b5, as I said the issue was on b3-b4.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!