What's new

RT-AC86U - 3.0.0.4.382.16466 - CTF and FA missing?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you for the clarification. I tried fc_disable=1, and I am not seeing it listed as disabled under Tools in the GUI. Am I to assume that is is, though? Runner says it's already disabled because I have QoS on. I liked knowing that HW Acceleration was off on my old router, the AC86U does not give me that assurance or a simple way to turn it off.

It's possible that some part of the closed source code will automatically re-enable it if it doesn't detect any incompatible setting being enabled. In that case, nothing you can do about it.

Ah OK - so that will be for me:

Packet Runner - runner_disable=1
Flow Cache - fc_disable=0

So is Packet Runner what we know as CTF (Cut Through Forwarding) and Flow Cache what we know as FA (Flow Accelerator)?

RT-AC86U running Merlin 384.4_beta2

How do you execute this commands? When I tried via ssh just by typing the values above, Runner stayed disabled under "Tools" tab.

I have downloaded iOS Asus router app out of curiosity. The moment it connected, Runner was disabled on the router:

Mar 9 17:45:55 Mastiff: Got AAE_SIG_EULA_FLAG_SIGNED
Mar 9 17:45:55 Mastiff: Got AAE_SIG_REMOTE_CONNECTION_TURNED_ON
Mar 9 17:45:55 Mastiff: select error
Mar 9 17:46:12 kernel: ^[[0;33;45mBroadcom Packet Flow Cache HW acceleration disabled.^[[0m
Mar 9 17:46:12 kernel: Disabled Runner binding to Flow Cache

While I would not mind having it disabled dynamically, the problem is that it broke my VPN connection which resulted in a lack of internet...

Is there a way to permanently disable runner & FC?
@RMerlin, will there be a GUI for controlling these options, like it is for CTF on other routers?

@RMerlin, will there be a GUI for controlling these options, like it is for CTF on other routers?

Adding an option to force disable it might be possible, however I don't know for sure, a lot of code is closed source these days, so it could potentially override it.

RT-AC86U running Merlin 384.4_beta2

How do you execute this commands? When I tried via ssh just by typing the values above, Runner stayed disabled under "Tools" tab.

I have downloaded iOS Asus router app out of curiosity. The moment it connected, Runner was disabled on the router:

Mar 9 17:45:55 Mastiff: Got AAE_SIG_EULA_FLAG_SIGNED
Mar 9 17:45:55 Mastiff: Got AAE_SIG_REMOTE_CONNECTION_TURNED_ON
Mar 9 17:45:55 Mastiff: select error
Mar 9 17:46:12 kernel: ^[[0;33;45mBroadcom Packet Flow Cache HW acceleration disabled.^[[0m
Mar 9 17:46:12 kernel: Disabled Runner binding to Flow Cache

While I would not mind having it disabled dynamically, the problem is that it broke my VPN connection which resulted in a lack of internet...

Can´t say for sure about flow cache, but Runner always changes to disabled as soon as I activate AiProtection on my RT-AC86u.

When you enable time scheduling on the AC86U, it tells you to disable NAT acceleration for better control and when you click the link it takes you to where you used to be able to do so but it's not there anymore.

Just got an AC86U, and I am also wondering about these settings. I have heard that NAT Acceleration might not be helpful if your connection is below 100 mb down, but might reduce ping if turned off. My connection is cheapo 50 down/ 10 up, and I do a lot of gaming, so I'd at least like to do some testing.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!