What's new

rt-ac86u Updated Firmware Mar 10 2020 / Current Version : 3.0.0.4.384_81352-g9910ab0

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If they bother you, log level can be changed, there is a post here somewhere how to do it....
What's going on with this board? You made that statement this morning and I quoted and replied to it at 10:24 am. Now that's missing and your statement is here again, worded slightly differently and below my quote/answer.

Maintenance, possibly? :)

What's going on with this board? You made that statement this morning and I quoted and replied to it at 10:24 am. Now that's missing and your statement is here again, worded slightly differently and below my quote/answer.

Nothing is wrong with the forums. The author simply decided to delete his own post.

upload_2020-3-12_14-33-43.png

Thanks for the clarification. Interesting that the board doesn't show an empty place holder with that post # and "deleted by user" next to it.

Only moderators can see it.

All good, no conspiracy :) Just posted at the wrong location.

So something strange I'm not sure was there before. I have my 2.4 ghz hardcoded to Auto, 20/40, Channel 1.

Wireless log shows this: CHANNEL 4??? WTF IS THIS

Chanspec: 2.4GHz channel 4 20MHz (0x1004)
Primary channel: 4

edit: just ran wireless scan inside house and it is indeed broadcasting on Ch 4 even though it's hardcoded to Ch 1

I don't understand how it can be 'Auto' and be hardcoded to Control Channel 1?

Auto for b n ac whatever it is for 2.4
I’m not home at the moment and can’t see what’s in that drop down

Auto
20/40
Channel 1

I don't understand how it is hard-coded if it can be set to whatever you want. :)

I would jiggle and re-Apply the 2.4 settings and then see what channel is broadcasting.

OE

I don't understand how it is hard-coded if it can be set to whatever you want. :)

I would jiggle and re-Apply the 2.4 settings and then see what channel is broadcasting.

OE
Hard coded meaning NOT on auto channel, picked manually by me to channel 1

I’ll reboot it when I get home

Last edited:
Hard cider meaning NOT in auto channel, picked manually by me to channel 1

Got it... set to channel 1. Hopefully resetting it will fix it. If not, resetting the whole router can sometimes fix weirdness, especially if you have not done so before.

OE

Rebooting it corrected whatever was wrong with it and now it's broadcasting correctly on the SET channel 1.

Very Odd Behavior

Yes, rebooting is needed after changing most of the RF options. Particularly when testing differences between options and settings. At least for the router and usually also for the device being used for testing too.

Yes, rebooting is needed after changing most of the RF options. Particularly when testing differences between options and settings. At least for the router and usually also for the device being used for testing too.

There were no changes made to the router. 2.4 ghz was set to channel 1 and broadcasting that way for several days, then started broadcasting on channel 4 out of the blue.....even more concerning is that it still displayed Channel 1 in the settings even though it was broadcasting channel 4.

But was it rebooted? :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!