What's new

RT-AC86U_386.5_2 to RT-AC86U_386.7_2 introduced WiFi issues?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hytekj

Occasional Visitor
I recently updated from RT-AC86U_386.5_2 to RT-AC86U_386.7_2 ... did it introduce WiFi issues?

I have had several devices have connectivity issues since the day I ran the update after nearly 6 months of zero issues on 386.5_2. The devices happen to be the furthest devices from the router but they never had connectivity issues before. They include alarm system, garage opener, etc. Nothing else has been changed.

I reverted back to 386.5_2 to see if things improved and they seem to have resolved. Does anyone know what bug might have been introduced in 386.7_2?

Thanks

In my own experience some devices do not restore connection or it takes time on router reboot running 386.7_2 firmware. No issues with 386.5_2 firmware. I only play with the router, not used for Internet access and not part of my main network, but I've seen this happening as well.

2 out of 3 of my Daikin airco devices (those 2 "far away" from the router) shows sometimes a warning message indicating that Wifi signal is low and this is new with 386.7_2 (never happened with 386.5_2)
Sometimes they reconnect on their own, like some of my TP-Link homeplug devices ...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!