What's new

RT-AC88U - HomeKit Issues after upgrading to 386.4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I Do All My Own Stunts

New Around Here
I have a number of native HomeKit devices on my network as well as several pseudo-HomeKit devices (non HomeKit devices which don't natively support HomeKit but support it indirectly via HomeBridge). Even on a good day, the reporting of device status on my iOS HomeKit app can be a little flaky, although in general it's fairly reliable (I'm aware of the various tweaks that can be made under the Wireless -> Professional config screen to help improve HomeKit compatibility). Anyway, I recently upgraded the firmware on my RT-AC88U from 386.3_2 to 386.4 and immediately noticed that each of the devices in my HomeKit app displayed a status of 'No response'. When I reverted back to 386.3_2, normal service was restored, so out of curiosity I upgraded to 386.4 again - and once again, my HomeKit devices became unreachable. Rolled back to 386.3_2 and all was good. I was wondering if anyone else had experienced similar behaviour?

Anecdotally, whilst running 386.4 and tweaking some of the settings in the Wireless -> Professional config screen and applying these settings, for a brief period I observed that HomeKit devices would become reachable again for a short period, before indicating 'No response' again a short time later - I wonder if one of the services which is stopped/restarted during the application of new wireless settings is somehow interfering with HomeKit?