What's new

RT-AC88u Ring doorbell

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just to throw my two cents in....
I too had problems with my Ring doorbell. I had a Netgear R6300v2 that is my main router that I use with my cable modem in bridged mode. I would get no notices when connected to wifi. There is a app that is called Push Notification tester. It checks to see if you can get push notifications. I would try that first in two ways , connected to wifi only and connected to cellular only, to see if your able to get notifications. I have a feeling it will be fine when connected to cellular data. Turned out that I wasn't get ANY of them from any app when connect to wifi. I ended up replacing the netgear with an Asus- N65U and bingo, the notices started coming in. I have heard that turning off SPI on the firewall on the router night help as well. But I have not tested this to be sure. My solution was a bit extreme, but in the long run it works for me. That netgear was a bit on the flakey side anyway. The Asus has been more stable than the netgear was.

If anyone is interested in a $25 discount on the ring doorbell you can use 9mountainview as a promo code.

For me this doorbell has worked fairly well and does what it advertises.

Last edited:
I have a new Ring Video Doorbell Pro, couldn't get it to work, similar problems listed here, even though I have an ASUS router. I hope this info helps someone else as I got my issues resolved simply by turning off NAT acceleration, also referred to as hardware acceleration, CTF (Cut-Through Forwarding), or FA (Flow Accelerator).

You can read more about this "feature" here:

https://routerguide.net/nat-acceleration-on-or-off/

For ASUS routers, go here in the router's settings: LAN -> Switch Control -> NAT Acceleratinon -> Disable.

BTW, things that I tried that didn't make a difference inlcude: enabling WAN ping, setting the doorbell to a static IP, setting the doobell's static IP as the DMZ, disabling the firewall completely, port forwarding all ports as suggested by Ring tech support.

Same problems here using batteried ring doorbell 2 and a wired foglight cam. Choppy live video, terrible streaming connection usin the asus router. ac66u b1. If I use verizon's isp router I have no issues. Very disappointing :(

Same problems here using batteried ring doorbell 2 and a wired foglight cam. Choppy live video, terrible streaming connection usin the asus router. ac66u b1. If I use verizon's isp router I have no issues. Very disappointing :(

This worked for me. I have an Asus Router RT-AC86U

Under advanced settings click DMZ tab
Enable DMZ
Enter IP address of Ring doorbell (mysimplelink)
Then apply changes

If you have the app on you phone use that to easily find your IP addresses

This worked for me. I have an Asus Router RT-AC86U

Under advanced settings click DMZ tab
Enable DMZ
Enter IP address of Ring doorbell (mysimplelink)
Then apply changes

If you have the app on you phone use that to easily find your IP addresses

I can not get mine to connect at all. How's do I find the IP address of the camera? I have the app on my phone. But the only option it gives me is to add a new device.

Was there ever a resolution for this? I decided to add a spotlight and chime to my ring pro. I cannot get the chime to connect on my wireless at all :( I haven't started the spotlight installation yet as when I got home it was dark. Any suggestions on this, I was able to setup with my hotspot on my mobile device but my 3100 to no avail (wpa2 personal).

Was there ever a resolution for this? I decided to add a spotlight and chime to my ring pro. I cannot get the chime to connect on my wireless at all :( I haven't started the spotlight installation yet as when I got home it was dark. Any suggestions on this, I was able to setup with my hotspot on my mobile device but my 3100 to no avail (wpa2 personal).

Not for me. I factory reset my router and suddenly I was able to see the ring camera in my router list. but it drops as fast as I see it... I was able to actually get it to connect 1 time for about 5 seconds. I didn't change any settings but now it wont connect anymore. I see it flash in the network map as a connected device. It stayed in there long enough for me to re-name it and capture the IP address. I even tried creating a static IP for it, but alas it just wont stay connected to the router. I am starting to believe that I am having the same issue a lot of people are having with this router... the 2.5 ghz is faulty, hardware issue.

Factory reset not applying previous settings rocking and rolling. Previous Week devices also working (could never setup prior as well).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!