What's new

RT-AC88U WiFi Routing Problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Schlameel

New Around Here
The router does not connect wireless clients sometimes. Two clients are connected to the wireless network, but one will not be able to communicate with the other. I can ping both clients from a third client and I can ping both clients from the router itself. However, one of the clients will respond "No route to host".

I am using Pi-hole for DNS, if that matters.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Make sure your clients are properly set to DHCP and not to a static IP.

Most common issue there is mismatched network masks. Might be worth making sure you don't have a second rogue DHCP server on your network.

Most common issue there is mismatched network masks. Might be worth making sure you don't have a second rogue DHCP server on your network.
I disabled the DHCP server on the router and from both wireless and wired clients I ran:
Code:
# sudo nmap --script broadcast-dhcp-discover
and got no response. I enabled the DHCP server on the router and got a proper response.

I cannot find evidence of another DHCP server on my network, but thank you for the help.