What's new

RT-ACRH17 still supported?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dave9

New Around Here
Is the RT-ACRH17 still being supported with firmware updates? It's been over a year since the last update and I'm wondering if this is a dead product. I'm not having any problems with it but I know there are always security issues in any product that need to be patched. Within the past few days I've started getting errors saying that the router can't connect to the Asus site to check for an update which makes me think the router is end-of-life even if it hasn't been officially announced yet. Will the RT-ACRH17 still receive security updates or should I replace it with a newer model?

It's really strange.

No recent firmware even though the ACRH17 is common, it's in the top 25-50 on Amazon.

Yet, there ARE recent firmwares for the ACRH13, AC66, AC66 B1, AC68, AC1900...

I asked Asus. They said the model is phased out and won't receive firmware updates.

I don't get it. It's rather new, actively sells and sells well, and very similar to the ACRH13 which does get updates. They both use very similar SoCs, so the firmware source code is likely to be almost the same.

Later, Asus also replied saying they intend to release a new firmware eventually.

I'm not sure if that means the model is not phased out, or that this future firmware will be the final one.

Last edited:
I also have RT-Acrh17. I can say it is stable not giving much problem. But very sad to see no new firmware. Few days back, Asus release Beta version 386 (website claim this version). ACRH17 still no new firmware. Am hoping new version will come with Aimesh function as well. I hope...

Does the official firmware allow installation of Astrill VPN applet like most merlin firmware?

Any ideas?

First update in almost 2 years. Congrats. :)

The build number is 52516, suggesting it includes all previous fixes that went into the ACRH13 in the intervening builds: 51899, 51936, 51937, 51939, 52134, 52243, 52435.

But the ACRH17 changelog doesn't explicitly mention various previous fixes from the ACRH13:

Not sure if "improved system stability" would include the various "vulnerability fixes", including CVE-2018-20334,
CVE-2018-20336, and general unnumbered ones.

The ACRH13 also had a few usability fixes that weren't mentioned in the recent ACRH17 changes:

- Fixed Network map client list issues.
- Fixed Samba server compatibility issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN related bugs.
- Fixed USB HDD compatibility issue.

BTW, the ACRH17 updates are smaller than the ACRH13's: 20MB vs 26MB. Funny.

just checked for updates today (7-22) and didn't see any updates as far back as 5/2021. Over a year. would like to make sure it is up to date to prevent any botnet vulnerability. Check EOL list and didn't see rt-acrh17. Does anyone know if it is still supported with security updates in 2022?

just checked for updates today (7-22) and didn't see any updates as far back as 5/2021. Over a year. would like to make sure it is up to date to prevent any botnet vulnerability. Check EOL list and didn't see rt-acrh17. Does anyone know if it is still supported with security updates in 2022?

I have this question too! I have seen firmware update in a long time, but it is not on the end of life list. It seem irresponsible of asus to not mark it end of life it it is not going to get any firmware updates. What's going on?

it looks like it is now end of life? That was a short life cycle! Why was it so short for this router?
RT-ACRH17

even the 18 released a year later is now eol. I would like to avoid buying another asus model that has an abbreviated support life cycle! any suggestions?