What's new

RT-AX58U / TUF Gaming AX3000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pinkfloyd1173

I was wondering if I could use the TUF gaming AX3000 FW on my RT-AX58U, since they are the same router?

Thanks in advance.

They share the exact same firmware for those two models.

If there are any differences, the firmware must be picking up the specific model to enable them or not.

Don`t. The TUF-AX3000 is not the same thing as the RT-AX3000 (which is the one identical to the RT-AX58U).

Thank you for the info Mr. Mrerlin.

RMerlin, I didn't realize that there were three models!

There is indeed a small (0.62MB) difference in the firmware sizes. Even if they all have the same version number and changelogs.

So I still should not try to use the tuf FW?

Listen to what RMerlin stated. :)

Ok, thank you both.

RMerlin, I didn't realize that there were three models!

There is indeed a small (0.62MB) difference in the firmware sizes. Even if they all have the same version number and changelogs.

RT-AX3000 and RT-AX58U should share the same firmware, they're like RT-AC68U and RT-AC1900P.

TUF-AX3000 is a different SKU only available in China (and maybe other Asian markets). It runs a different firmware, and I suspect there might be other differences in hardware and/or bootloader since the firmware is built from a separate build profile than the RT-AX58U.

If I'd like to do the thing reverse. I want to try to flash asuswrt-merlin on tuf ax3000 even the possibility of bricking the device is larger then successfully flashing the device (I don't mind the gaming function being lost) should I try using rt-ax3000 firmware or rt-ax58u firmware. Should I blow the memory chip out from the router using a heatgun and do a bin backup before I do it? Or it's available to fix the brick from other ways? Thanks

Btw, also found a fork like this:

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!