What's new

RT-AX82U as a wired AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Smokindog

Any thoughts on using the RT-AX82U as an AP to replace an aging AC3100? My main upstairs and office AP downstairs right now are both AX88. Slowly upgrading all the APs.

I do NOT really need AX at this time but as equipment ages and reasonable deals come available I have been replacing things. Newegg is $185 through today.

UPDATE - I may have just answered my own Q. Unless I read wrong there is no Merlin support for this particular router. Did I miss something?

Hey i have added the RT-AX82U to the list of models that I support. The plan is to release soon betas and the stable.. hopefully by the end of the year.
this makes me more happy than you know.

but does this mean there will be support for the DSL version? that's what I have

but does this mean there will be support for the DSL version? that's what I have

Already supported:

DSL-AX82U is already supported since a bit.
RT-AX82U is the latest addition..
More info here:
Thank you, I was going to reply sooner but I’ve been sick.

downloaded it and set it up last night! Thanks for all the work you put into it, things feel a lot more stable now - I was having a lot of problems before.
Thanks again for doing all this, I’m sure you’re appreciated globally!