What's new

RT-AX86u IPv6 Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Petrol

New Around Here
Hey guys,

I purchased this router about a year ago and having this persistent issue with IPv6.

When IPv6 is enabled, The WAN light will cycle back and forth between red and white lights.
The red light will stay on for anywhere between 16 seconds - 1:24 minutes.
The white light will then stay on for 31-53 seconds before going back to white again for the time duration above.
The Router GUI will show disconnected under the Internet status when the red light is on
I don't seem to get any internet disruptions when this is going on though - which is the really strange part.
Unsure the proper way to test it though - based on logging into World of Warcraft via IPv6 and not getting disconnected or swapped to IPv4 when the lights change on the router.
**This issue ONLY occurs when IPv6 is enabled.**

I'm sure something is not right - I just don't know what it could possibly be.
I have kept the router firmware updated (always official firmware and latest one from a few days ago).

I could really use some help with this, thanks!

Attachments

• disconnected.png
    disconnected.png
    474.3 KB · Views: 134
Manually set ipv4 DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 to fix this issue.
Thank you so much for this! I was just about to follow the router reset guide above and thought I'd give this a shot really quick first.
I can't believe this has been a problem for 13 months now and this 100% solved my issue!

My questions are now:
Why does this work?
How did you know it would fix my issue?
Do I have to use google or can I use Cloudflare with the same effect?

Thank you so much for this! I was just about to follow the router reset guide above and thought I'd give this a shot really quick first.
I can't believe this has been a problem for 13 months now and this 100% solved my issue!

My questions are now:
Why does this work?
How did you know it would fix my issue?
Do I have to use google or can I use Cloudflare with the same effect?
I think the issue from IPS. I got same problem before, that is why I know how to fix it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!