What's new

RT-AX86U Nat Loopback 2.5gbe

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nazar78

New Around Here
Hi all,

This is my first Asus router. I was using the Nighthawk R8000. Upon switching to the new RT-AX86U router (updated to the latest 3.0.0.4.386_41535-g1caa24a) I noticed I can no longer access my locally NAS hosted FQDN sites via the 2.5gbe LAN through port forwarding. I have several APIs that depends on it both internally and externally. Strangely it works via WLAN and 1gbe ports. I can access the locally hosted FQDN sites on all the WiFi and 1gbe devices except 2.5gbe wired ones. Is this a bug?

My LAN layout is as follows: ONR fiber bridged -> RT-AX86U WAN 1gbe port. RT-AX86U 2.5gbe port -> QNAP 2.5gbe 5 ports unmanaged switch -> NAS/PCs. RT-AX86U 1gbe port -> Dlink 1gbe 5 ports unmanaged switch -> TV/Blu-ray/IP Cam/Game console.

I saw a post about disabling QoS but it doesn't help. Have also tried SSH then curl from the router itself and it doesn't work either error connection refused. I can find nothing in the router logs.

I can't use host files (trying to avoid this on several wildcard domains) as the ports are not direct (e.g. WAN:80/443->NAS:1080/1443) and the ports specifically 80 is being used by the NAS http daemon. Using host file, the virtual host will always get redirected back to port 80/443 on the NAS which is running on Nginx port 1080/1443.

Anyone knows if the Merlin firmware works as I believe there's lots of reconfiguration to be done if I were to switch firmware can't just use the old config? Thanks in advance.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!