What's new

RT-AX86U & Node Name (netbios) scanner

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Paulo

New Around Here
Hi,

Installed a AX86U-router at home, using a DHCP server with Mac-address assignments. Do have some problems to work on, unfortunately, but one in particular: scanning from a Brother MFC-L3 machine to a notebook.

I have managed to get it working. But with every page scanned, the scanner shows a message that it has communicating problems (referencing the firewall). The message disappears after some time and the scan works fine.

Somehow the scanner seems to have difficulties to find / to communicate with the notebook. Brother works with a Node Name (Netbios) to establish the communication between scanner and notebook.

I was wondering if I could add something in the router to make the node name known to the router, in order to speed things up ?

Kind regards,
Paul

The only thing on the router that might have an effect on NetBIOS is enabling the Samba server at USB Application > Servers Center > Network Place (Samba) Share / Cloud Disk.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!