What's new

RT-AX88 Pro VLAN functionality already in Merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mmjlmjl

Occasional Visitor
I just recieved the RT-AX88U Pro, I was wondering if the VLAN implementation is already available in a Merlin build (either Beta or final)?

If not, does anyone have a clue when ASUS will release this in a stable version?

I need to decide to go for the ASUS beta firmware or straight to Merlin and perhaps wait for the functionality to come in...

just recieved the RT-AX88U Pro, I was wondering if the VLAN implementation is already available in a Merlin build (either Beta or final)?
No.

I may have found the answer:

The VLAN functions are in the beta versions of Asus, 9.0.0.6.102.4856.

I understand that until they do not release a stable version of these versions, @RMerlin, will not publish a release with them.

I'll just try both options this weekend... beta and merlin

Short and sweet ;) thanx for the answer :)

And your answer on the when: would be nice if you could share the ETA from ASUS:

That won't happen until the move to the new 3.0.0.6 codebase. While I do have an early ETA from Asus, you have to consider on top of that that it implies that I'll need the new 3.0.0.6 GPL, to evaluate the feasability of merging it (it will be a major change over 3.0.0.4), and if I go ahead with it how long it will take for me to merge and test it.

In the best of scenarios, that won't happen for months.

Last edited:
Months, best case scenario.

Asus doesn't give ETA estimates. And RMerlin will need the GPL drop and time afterward, even then.

DHYB. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!