What's new

RT-AX88U 5/14 firmware is bad

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

asusman

New Around Here
If you havent already update to this firmware, you should hold off. This nearly bricked my router twice. ASUS support has been notified but they have not removed the firmware.

If you do install it and your router goes into a boot loop. You will need to hit the factory reset button, setup your networks again, and then install the previous version of the firmware prior to the 5/14 firmware.

If you havent already update to this firmware, you should hold off. This nearly bricked my router twice. ASUS support has been notified but they have not removed the firmware.

If you do install it and your router goes into a boot loop. You will need to hit the factory reset button, setup your networks again, and then install the previous version of the firmware prior to the 5/14 firmware.
Thanks for the heads up [emoji106]

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

5/14 firmware doesn't mean anything. Can you give us the specific version number?

Its been solid for me.

Its been solid for me.
It may or may not have to do with whether you have WAN aggregation turned on (which I do). The first time it nearly bricked, I was luckily able to recover by turning off WAN AGG.
The second time I had to factory reset and downgrade.

Version 3.0.0.4.384.9107
2020/05/14
68.97 MBytes

It has been running just fine here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@asusman, it may be that your router simply needed a full reset at this time?

Are you importing old backup config files to set up the router? If so, you are effectively undoing the reset you're doing before.

For me this is the FIRST REAL firmware for RT-AX-88U which does not make the router unusable after a week with rock hard stability.

No issue on 3.0.0.4.384.9107 so far. Except for AiMesh with AC86U. Not sure which router firmware is causing the disconnection issue sometimes.

My issue:

RT-AX88U with RT-AX92U in AiMesh.

If i turn on adaptive QoS then i can no longer listen to music on my mobile phones or google home minis (tested with Spotify and Deezer).

The google devices confirm my music request but nothing is played and apps on mobile phones show a connection error.

if I deactivate it, it will work fine again immediately.

And yes, a factory reset was done several times.