What's new

RT-AX88U Dual WAN Disconnected past 386.3.2 (or RT-AX88U_386.4_alpha2-ga85421da82)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

D

Deleted member 66328

Hi Team,

I thought I'd make my own thread for this.

I run a RT-AX88U using dual WAN load balance -one is a 100/10 fixed wireless, second is a 6/1 DSL. Set it 9/1 load balance, with some connections only going thru secondary (like my gaming laptop, since games have much less latency from the DSL as long as I don't overload the bandwidth).

Anything after RT-AX88U_386.4_alpha2-ga85421da82 I get disconnects and nothing I've tried works except downgrading to this version (It's a alpha, so I've gone to 386.3.2)

I've factory wiped this device - (not uploaded a CFG) - set up Wifi, DUAL WAN - works until a reboot - and then back to either one or both of WAN shows disconnected.

I've done the NVRAM trick Merlin posted - Beyond that in Network query I've tried DNS Query, PING, etc.
(on 386.3.2 I have it set as Ping Query on my hop 2 of my primary ISP, never had a problem) anything beyond it, goes to crap)

I would like to keep up with the upgrades, but it screws up my internet and that's not reasonable. I tried 386.5 beta - same issue as above and I've reverted to 386.3.2

Is there any information or anything I can do?

Last edited by a moderator:
So I figured this out. I disabled IPV6 on the router.

I would like to have IPV6 available locally, but neither of my ISP's support IPV6 (Like I did in the suburbs when I bought this router and used cable internet).

Upgraded to 386.5.2 and then went to DNS query and both WAN's are showing connected.

Nope - rebooted the router and it went back to disconnected. I thought we got this fixed!

factory wiping and attempting to fresh setup.

Nope - rebooted the router and it went back to disconnected. I thought we got this fixed!

factory wiping and attempting to fresh setup.
What the heck is wrong? I’m back to this garbage disconnected. It works for one reboot.

It’s all configured properly AGAIN - i pray it doesn’t crap the bed after a second reboot.

It’s all configured properly AGAIN - i pray it doesn’t crap the bed after a second reboot.

Try wiping the JFFS partition on next reboot, tick box & scroll down to hit apply, then reboot.

Admin > System >
Wipe JFFS.JPG

Also try, 386.5_2 : https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AJLLKAY--4EBqDo&id=CCE5625ED3599CE0!3051&cid=CCE5625ED3599CE0

You can also save settings > reset to factory default > then reapply your settings.

The jump to the newest should include the Reset, after the flash.

Assuming no add-on scripts, as none mentioned. (you can save that, like above)

Last edited:
I'm going to edit my reply - reformatting my JFFS - reinstalling diverson and scmerlin, re-upgrading to 386.5.2 has been solid so far. Pings are back to "normal".

So far.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one person who was actually helpful on this website - so I thank you again

John Fitzgerald -​

you actually listen to peoples issues.
This guy you keep around.

The rest are people who need to get outside for fresh air and repeating tier 1 tech support BS (Did you reboot your router).