What's new

RT-AX88U Low throughput

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alisaeed02

New Around Here
Hi

I have Asus RT-AX88U with Merlin's firmware and it gives my PS4 Pro only 100m not the full 1g.
I tried different cables cat 6+7 with the same result,
so is there a way to force the 1gbps from the router itself?

Does the PS4 have that capability?

Last edited:
Does the PS4 have that capability?
Yes PS4 pro should have it

The problem is the PSN network test.

Has nothing to do with the router or firmware.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/8orvn3/ps4_gigabit_speed_cap/

This maybe helpful.

https://appuals.com/improve-download-speed-ps4/

thanks but I don't want it for downloading (my internet is slow)
I just want it for Lan network,

pZO1ve5.png

The PS4 is in the port#3,, sometimes it shows 1Gbps but most of the time 100 Mbps

Yes PS4 pro should have it

thanks but I don't want it for downloading (my internet is slow)
I just want it for Lan network,

pZO1ve5.png

The PS4 is in the port#3,, sometimes it shows 1Gbps but most of the time 100 Mbps

Hmm that is usually a bad cable but you said you tried a few.

how long are these cable runs to the Ps4?

I hope that works, but if it doesn't, you will want to try with a different brand cable (the ends may not be a great match with your router port).

Actually, can you test to see if another LAN Port works better with the PS4? :)

I hope that works, but if it doesn't, you will want to try with a different brand cable (the ends may not be a great match with your router port).

It only has one port for LAN.

Last edited:
If it's constantly showing up at 100, I'd first try changing which LAN port the PS4 is connected to see if it's the same.

If changing the cable doesn't work try a factory reset on the router, if the issue still happens try a different router or test a different PS4, if all else fails it could be a faulty LAN port on the console.

I meant trying another LAN Port on the router. :)

If it's constantly showing up at 100, I'd first try changing which LAN port the PS4 is connected to see if it's the same.

If changing the cable doesn't work try a factory reset on the router, if the issue still happens try a different router or test a different PS4, if all else fails it could be a faulty LAN port on the console.

Thank you All , I tried all of the above and now it shows 1gbps
First I found a new cat 6 cable from my brother, I reset the router (to update to from beta 2 to final Merlin's firmware )
and I used port#4.
It has been about an hour and it's still 1gbps, it is a good sign.

I will update you after a day or two to see if tit still 1gbps or not

and now it's back again to 100m

bvRtmhB.png

Clearly a hardware issue then. If you are positive that your cable is correct (meaning it's Cat 5e or higher), then it could be a port issue: corrosion, bent pin, etc...

Sometimes, people are able to resolve these issues by putting an inexpensive network switch between the two.

and now it's back again to 100m

bvRtmhB.png

Try using a different port on the router. If it still drops to 100Mbit, then check the port on the PS4. If it works but the other device now drops to 100Mbit, then the port on the router may be an issue.

I just bought ps5 and I same issue, it drops to 100m after awhile
New cable also

if the rate drops from 1 Gbps to 100 Mbps,, then you have a cable issue, or a dusty/corroded Ethernet port.

if the rate drops from 1 Gbps to 100 Mbps,, then you have a cable issue, or a dusty/corroded Ethernet port.
I don't think that because the ps5 is new and it also happened to me on ps4 pro
the cable is new with high quality (cat 8)
*I also tried port 1 + old cable that I used on my pc for 1 year without single drop!!

What worked on another piece of equipment isn't necessarily what will work with another.

Forget about Cat8. Buy a quality Cat5e (UTP) or Cat6a (STP) to test with.

You may also want to try a switch between the two pieces too.

What worked on another piece of equipment isn't necessarily what will work with another.

Forget about Cat8. Buy a quality Cat5e (UTP) or Cat6a (STP) to test with.

You may also want to try a switch between the two pieces too.
I know that but I already change the cable 4 times with different category (5e 6 7 8) same result

I think my only hope is the switch
I will buy a new one asap and report back