What's new

Release RT-AX88U New Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_45898 (06 Oct 2021)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try setting it to just 20 MHz. I've had the same issue of 2.4 GHz devices disconnecting that started around July and setting to just 20 MHz fixed it.

same here, some of my Kasa Smart switches are struggling to keep a stable connection. The last update I was not having issues with was from August. Does anyone know or have any ideas what could be causing this or how to try and troubleshoot it? Its only been affecting my 2.4 network
Some IoT devices are really picky. Set the 2.4 GHz to 20 MHz Auto channel. Also use just use WPA2-Personal. One trick I use is to set up a guest WIFI on the 2.4 GHz band just for IoT devices with WPA2-Personalwith a simple password (alpha-numeric with no caps). Works well!

A few minutes ago my router's internet access just suddenly went away. All of the lights were white and I just happened to be in the GUI which said everything was okay including the WAN. I rebooted and it started working again so IDK as this never happened on the older firmware.

hopefully, next update fixes all this
I saw your post and have a different Asus router, but the same problem. I just bought 2 RT-ax55's setup in AP mode using AIMESH. I was having the same issues with my TP-link switches, so I went back to August firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_43597 and mine started working as well. Did you ever resolve this or are you still running the older firmware. I don't know whether to keep these or return them while I still can? I don't want to have to keep running old firmware.

Router says new firmware is available and is downloading it while the official support page shows nothing.

Edit: Its version 3.0.0.4.386_45934 and it immediately took out my 5ghz radio forcing me to reboot again in order to bring it back online. If I lose the radio again I'm rolling back.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!