What's new

RT-AX88U New official firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.7977

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

same as other way if you download and manual update firmware (no one-click 'downdate' option).

yes, and if there are any unforeseen problems reset to factory with initialize and manually setup.

yes, and if there are any unforeseen problems reset to factory with initialize and manually setup.

Yes, I always read you have to factory reset, but as Grisu said, try that only if you have issues afterwards. I updated to 7997 a few days ago via the ASUS interface, no factory reset. To be safe, i saved the config and saved a number of the interfaces screenshots first. It was used heavily by my family yesterday and today with no issues so far... (crossing fingers)

I've had nothing but troubles since I bought this router. WAN connection drops in and out, most uptime I've had on my router is probably 2-3 days. I've disabled wireless ax, I'm gonna see if that works. And why does the router's system log say 'May 05' and the next line says 'Feb 27'? Clearly, there's something really wrong with this router / firmware. Oh well, At least now I have a glorified paper weight.

My issue has been resolved. The problem was at my end, and not with the router. ISP's network engineers changed the front side of my fibre optic box and also changed the ports in my local network hub (or whatever it's called). It was a mere coincident that the frequent disconnects came at the same time as I upgraded my router. Now everything is stable at blazing speeds.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!