What's new

RT-AX88U OpenVPN issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Geo1983

New Around Here
Hello everybody,
Can anybody help me with a problem?
I have 2 Asus routers: RT-AX88U as a OpenVPN server (TAP) and a RT-AC88U as a OpenVPN client. Both routers have firmware 384.17. With the original Asuswrt firmware I have the same behavior. I need a TAP connection to connect all the TVs from both locations to DLNA server from my NAS.
The VPN connection is working very well but when I connect a Chromecast or a Google Home mini in the client network the Server (RT-AX88U) is rebooting. I tried with more Chromecasts or Google speakers but the same problem. Is something special with this google devices? Can I block them from VPN connection? Unfortunately the entire log is lost when the router is rebooting (I can see only the booting log).
Please help me. Is very annoying to disconnect all the google devices when I want to enable the VPN connection.

Hello everybody,
Can anybody help me with a problem?
I have 2 Asus routers: RT-AX88U as a OpenVPN server (TAP) and a RT-AC88U as a OpenVPN client. Both routers have firmware 384.17. With the original Asuswrt firmware I have the same behavior. I need a TAP connection to connect all the TVs from both locations to DLNA server from my NAS.
The VPN connection is working very well but when I connect a Chromecast or a Google Home mini in the client network the Server (RT-AX88U) is rebooting. I tried with more Chromecasts or Google speakers but the same problem. Is something special with this google devices? Can I block them from VPN connection? Unfortunately the entire log is lost when the router is rebooting (I can see only the booting log).
Please help me. Is very annoying to disconnect all the google devices when I want to enable the VPN connection.
Hey there.. Im looking for some help just enabling openvpn.

I configured it and setup the client.. But i cant connect. Did you need to configure a firewall or something else. Did you use 1194?

The port 1194 doesnt seem to be open either... What steps did you perform for initial setup? Please...