What's new

RT-AX88U Pro - Internet doesn't recover if the modem has a hiccup and reconnects.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Btw, switching to Continuous DHCP Renewal mode makes the router recover from the drops 100% 80% of the time and quite quickly at that!

I'm hopefully picking up a Sercomm DM1000 on Monday from the TPIA's head office.

Last edited:
I am glad you made some progress on this issue!

Welp, they replaced the modem with another unit of the same model, a Hitron CODA-45 and so far it's been more stable for about a day. Still have to go through the factory reset and reconfiguration process on the router though, but that's something that eats up a lot of time I don't have.

I agree with what @elorimer said about YazDHCP. If your main concern is lots of DHCP reservation, you can’t beat YazDHCP. It’s export/import function is worth it’s weight in gold!
I agree that, if you have many assigned DHCP addresses/clients, retyping them in can be exhausting and error prone. YazDHCP takes care of all that.
And, as a bonus, the exported file is in csv format - you can add/delete right in the file and re-import.
I concur, I have 130 reserved ip addresses.