What's new

RT-AX88U with 1gb Community Fibre

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Col8eral

Regular Contributor
Hi to all

I have an RT-AX88U with Merlin 3004.3008.5 FW.

I have been on BT full fibre, but today migrated to Community Fibre 1GB. Unforunately I can't et the router to connect to the Community Fibre service. I have called customer support and they have cleared the MAC cache for their router and reporvision the port, but still no luck.

My WAN connection type is PPPoE and i dont have IPv6 enabled.

Had anyone managed to connect and wondered if they could share their connection settings so I can give them a try.

Many thanks

Hi,
Please take a look. Hope it helps. Is from 1Gb, PPPoE, without IPv6 on a RT-AX88U powered by Asus Merlin Firmware: 3004.388.5.

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2023-12-19 20-19-58.png
    Screenshot at 2023-12-19 20-19-58.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Screenshot at 2023-12-19 20-20-17.png
    Screenshot at 2023-12-19 20-20-17.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 82
Also on Community Fibre, cloned the supplied Linksys router MAC , connection type is automatic IP, I do have IPv6, DHCP-PD. To get it running the first time I connected the Linksys router to the ONT, checked it was working using Wi-Fi on my phone, cloned the MAC on RT-AX88U and applied settings, unplugged the cable from the WAN interface of the Linksys and plugged it into the Asus - connected straight away, though it took a few days for the connection to settle - currently running around 410Mb down/ 560Mb up - speed is limited as I am running WireGuard, so Flow Cache is disabled.

Thanks for all your help. Got it running. I called customer service and they cleared the Mac cache for their router and re provisioned the port. Didn't work at first, but I changed from PPPoE to AutoIP and worked straight away. I haven't enabled ipv6 and I'm getting 930mbps up and down.

Really appreciate your help. 👍

Hi,
Please take a look. Hope it helps. Is from 1Gb, PPPoE, without IPv6 on a RT-AX88U powered by Asus Merlin Firmware: 3004.388.5.
Hi amplatfus,

I'm getting CF installed tomorrow with 1gbps, but I want to continue to use my AX86U with latest Merlin firmware also. Without revealing the details of the username password, can I assume these details get supplied when it's installed or it's something labelled on the supplied Linksys, would I be correct?

I'm switching from BT 70mpbs connection so I am expecting some changes in the Asus config for CF

Thanks in advance

Thanks for all your help. Got it running. I called customer service and they cleared the Mac cache for their router and re provisioned the port. Didn't work at first, but I changed from PPPoE to AutoIP and worked straight away. I haven't enabled ipv6 and I'm getting 930mbps up and down.

Really appreciate your help. 👍
The 930mb limit on 1gb is prob the overhead of the 1gb WAN port. You might be able to eeek out a little more if your modem has a second ethernet port and the option to perform channel bonding from the ont to your AX88U. If yes, you can set the AX88U to WAN channel bonding (Link Agg) with Port 4 and WAN port. I'm able to eeek out about 1.19gb on mine doing this. Not that it's manifestly noticeable, but fun to do!

Hi amplatfus,

I'm getting CF installed tomorrow with 1gbps, but I want to continue to use my AX86U with latest Merlin firmware also. Without revealing the details of the username password, can I assume these details get supplied when it's installed or it's something labelled on the supplied Linksys, would I be correct?

I'm switching from BT 70mpbs connection so I am expecting some changes in the Asus config for CF

Thanks in advance
Hi,
From the screenshots I posted only username and password was supplied. The rest are set at the router default in my case.
Good luck!