What's new

RT-AX89X Cannot import .ovpn file (file format or path is invalid)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

frankZhuang

New Around Here
I have currently using RT-AX89X with firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_47191.

I tried to import the .ovpn file provided by my VPN provider. However, no matter how I try, the system always shows "file format or path is invalid" when I try to import the file. I have tried with different browsers as well. Before switching to RT-AX89X, I have been using the same .ovpn file on my GT-AC5300 which worked perfectly.

I have compared the newly downloaded ovpn file against old ones I have downloaded before from my VPN provider, everything is the same.

So I am not sure if this is a bug in this version of firmware? Is there a way to solve this problem, or waiting for an update is the only option?

Thanks everyone for the help

Attachments

• Capture d’écran, le 2022-06-20 à 20.46.57.png
    Capture d’écran, le 2022-06-20 à 20.46.57.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 128
I have currently using RT-AX89X with firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_47191.

I tried to import the .ovpn file provided by my VPN provider. However, no matter how I try, the system always shows "file format or path is invalid" when I try to import the file. I have tried with different browsers as well. Before switching to RT-AX89X, I have been using the same .ovpn file on my GT-AC5300 which worked perfectly.

I have compared the newly downloaded ovpn file against old ones I have downloaded before from my VPN provider, everything is the same.

So I am not sure if this is a bug in this version of firmware? Is there a way to solve this problem, or waiting for an update is the only option?

Thanks everyone for the help
Ok, I don't know if this will solve your issue or not but I finally go mine working after getting the exact same message. I opened the opvn and removed the line "TUN-IPV6" and it worked.

Ok, I don't know if this will solve your issue or not but I finally go mine working after getting the exact same message. I opened the opvn and removed the line "TUN-IPV6" and it worked.
Just wanted to say after searching high and low for a solution, this worked perfectly......Thank You!!!

...just opened the .ovpn file and removed the 'tun-ipv6' line.

PrivateVPN on RT-AC86U

Hi, on my side what I did? I tried to import the ovpn file, then I checked the logs on System Log, and on ovpn the system complains about parameter 'data-ciphers'.
I removed it then it works.
I hope this helps you to check yours.