What's new

RT-AX89X

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TP Link's already released a Wifi 6E AX11000 router in the mainland Chinese market, the TL-XTR10890 which has one 10Base-T (RJ45) port and 10 SFP+ port as well as four 1G ports.

https://item.jd.com/100027771718.html

Did a Google translate and it says it supports Mesh networking while the ports can be configured for IPTV, dedicated online gaming and NAS operations as well.

Strangely, the router does not support firewall functions. Maybe it's a Chinese market thing.

It's sold out unfortunately.

Revert back to 384_2 series.

386 is NOT stable
Please provide some details (and send a note to Asus – it's the only way this stuff improves). I've been running this beta for over a month now and it's been the most stable build since the last beta I was running with during the summer. The past 2 official releases from Asus have really sucked for me.

This obviously indicates there's a lot of different issues that people can experience with this product, which is really unfortunate, but just saying something doesn't work without any recent context doesn't really help others out (or those who may be willing to try and help you out).

Please provide some details (and send a note to Asus – it's the only way this stuff improves). I've been running this beta for over a month now and it's been the most stable build since the last beta I was running with during the summer. The past 2 official releases from Asus have really sucked for me.

This obviously indicates there's a lot of different issues that people can experience with this product, which is really unfortunate, but just saying something doesn't work without any recent context doesn't really help others out (or those who may be willing to try and help you out).
The 10G port doesn’t even work for me. Regardless of what firmware I’m on.

Slow lan speed as far as buffering on devices that I’ve NEVER had before with any gigabit router.

Not even fullcone NAT support.
Just lazy from asus tbh

The 10G port doesn’t even work for me. Regardless of what firmware I’m on.

Slow lan speed as far as buffering on devices that I’ve NEVER had before with any gigabit router.

Not even fullcone NAT support.
Just lazy from asus tbh
Well, there are dual 10G ports on this router, so if there was a widespread problem with either one of them, I doubt you'd be the only person on here reporting it. Personally, I've been using both the SFP+ and Copper 10G ports since day 1 with the router for over a year now. Never any real issues with these myself, so it sounds like you might have a hardware fault that should be addressed via a return.

And it should be noted that as with all SFP modules, there is the possibility for incompatibility with certain adapters. For instance, I have found that Cisco and Avago adapters to be no issue, but I have found adapters from FiberHaL to be incompatible. I've run into no issues on the copper front at 10G speeds when using short (<5m) Cat5e or any length Cat6 cables.

I also see no issues with network performance. iPerf3 reports are quite consistent in reporting expected saturation of 10G and 1Gbps connections.

Well, there are dual 10G ports on this router, so if there was a widespread problem with either one of them, I doubt you'd be the only person on here reporting it. Personally, I've been using both the SFP+ and Copper 10G ports since day 1 with the router for over a year now. Never any real issues with these myself, so it sounds like you might have a hardware fault that should be addressed via a return.

And it should be noted that as with all SFP modules, there is the possibility for incompatibility with certain adapters. For instance, I have found that Cisco and Avago adapters to be no issue, but I have found adapters from FiberHaL to be incompatible. I've run into no issues on the copper front at 10G speeds when using short (<5m) Cat5e or any length Cat6 cables.

I also see no issues with network performance. iPerf3 reports are quite consistent in reporting expected saturation of 10G and 1Gbps connections.
What firmware are you using. The 10GBPS port doesn’t even light up.

Also no supper for fullcone nat is WAXCK

hello, someone have a new beta version?
mine is 45140
and not apears a new version :-(

Last edited:
I'm still running 45140. Been rock-solid for me since I installed it in early October. I haven't needed to reach back out with Asus support to check if there is a new version because of that.

I was wondering the same thing
Maby you should turn off you wan access :)

1639819261229.png

new version!

Versión 3.0.0.4.386.47027
2022/01/25 56.77 MBytes
ASUS RT-AX89X Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.47027
1. Add 10G base-T IPG GUI option.
2. Fixed few wireless compatibility issues.
3. Fixed extend NSS not be synchornized to mesh node, and set to be default enabled.
4. Fixed open vpn related issues.
5. Fixed lets encrypt related issues.
6. Fixed AiMesh related issues.
7. Fixed minor GUI bugs and strings.
8. Update dual wan network monitor machanism.
9. Fixed AiCloud related issue.
10. Fixed DDNS related issues.

Security fixes:
1. Fixed authenticated stored Cross Site Scripting.
2. Fixed json/plc/port file traversal and stack overflow vulnerability.
3. Fixed httpd add line break to the command injection checklist.
4. Fixed httpd unauth DoS.
5. Fixed arbitrary file reading vulnerability.
6. Fixed HTTP smuggling.
7. Fixed stack overflow vulnerability.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5:271638323e484a2640964edfed7586ea

new version!

Versión 3.0.0.4.386.47027
2022/01/25 56.77 MBytes
ASUS RT-AX89X Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.47027
1. Add 10G base-T IPG GUI option.
2. Fixed few wireless compatibility issues.
3. Fixed extend NSS not be synchornized to mesh node, and set to be default enabled.
4. Fixed open vpn related issues.
5. Fixed lets encrypt related issues.
6. Fixed AiMesh related issues.
7. Fixed minor GUI bugs and strings.
8. Update dual wan network monitor machanism.
9. Fixed AiCloud related issue.
10. Fixed DDNS related issues.

Security fixes:
1. Fixed authenticated stored Cross Site Scripting.
2. Fixed json/plc/port file traversal and stack overflow vulnerability.
3. Fixed httpd add line break to the command injection checklist.
4. Fixed httpd unauth DoS.
5. Fixed arbitrary file reading vulnerability.
6. Fixed HTTP smuggling.
7. Fixed stack overflow vulnerability.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5:271638323e484a2640964edfed7586ea
Does this release still support >64 Manual DHCP Assignment from the previous beta?

thanks! i dont know what this features really does but its good new have new features.
can you verify the static DHCP list? the max allowed? this is very importante for us
Manually Assigned IP around the DHCP list (Max Limit : 128) in the new firmware as well

Reactions: chA

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!