What's new

RT-AX89X

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm curious what Guest Network and AI Mesh issues the update is referring to? When I setup a guest network for my IOT devices, I had to use the second 2.4 GHz network to have the "disable intranet" work properly, while giving the devices internet access. But, I've noticed that guest network doesn't propagate to my two AI-Mesh nodes. I guess after this firmware update, I can try those settings again and see if I get different results.

Separate topic, it looks like they released a firmware update today for the AX-88U, which is what my two AI Mesh nodes are. Should I just let the app update all three boxes firmware at the same time, or update the 89X separate for the 88U nodes?

It seems that since this last update my aimesh node (2 x XT8, ethernet backhaul only) speed is way lower.
I used to reach 800/600mbps down/up now i am only 500/400mbps.
I ll revert back to previous firmware, test, and report here.
See you.

Hi guys

I am in the market for a router with a 10gb sfp+ port as I have fiber coming directly into my house.
Does the AX89X have a wireguard client built into it (I need it for Mullvad). I don't care about wireless (actually I will disable the wifi functions) as I have my on access points.

Is perhaps Asus planing on releasing a newer generation of the AX89X soon?

Thanks

It seems that since this last update my aimesh node (2 x XT8, ethernet backhaul only) speed is way lower.
I used to reach 800/600mbps down/up now i am only 500/400mbps.
I ll revert back to previous firmware, test, and report here.
See you.
Ok, so I downgrade, still low wifi speed
i upgrade back, still low
I removed/added back nodes, still low
I forgave, and tested 30min later, speed is back …
I was alone at home for all my test, sure nothing was using the network … don’t know what happen but it’s working as expected. So never mind

Hi guys

I am in the market for a router with a 10gb sfp+ port as I have fiber coming directly into my house.
Does the AX89X have a wireguard client built into it (I need it for Mullvad). I don't care about wireless (actually I will disable the wifi functions) as I have my on access points.

Is perhaps Asus planing on releasing a newer generation of the AX89X soon?

Thanks
not, the ax89x not have wireguard client. have other vpn clients, but not wireguard yet

Привет, только что купил мой на прошлой неделе на amazon (.fr) за 392 €, это b2! Разве сейчас его не существует. Еще не включал.
Скажите, пожалуйста, в чем разница между B1 и B2?

Thanks. I've read somewhere about a beta firmware update which contains wireguard but not sure if AX89X was among the supported devices.

These are starting to be a bit old however.

This morning my wifi speed limitation on nodes (i havent try on main router) is back.
I guess it s the main router that limit it, cause it's a stable speed limit, and when i watch my router cpu status it seems to be a 90-100% (that should not be).
When idle, and nothing crazy, even if i turn off almost evry services (vpn, firewall, etc...) the 4 cpu stay at 15% each which seems rly high for me (my previoux rt-ax88u was like only 7-8% on one cpu, and 0 on others).
Can someone send me a picture of his cpu usage when nothing is rly doing on the network.
I ll do a fresh reset as soon as i ll have time and tell you if it solve it.

These are starting to be a bit old however.
exactly. this is what I've seen :).
To bad Wireguard Client is not yet available for this router. Would have been a good option for me since I would like to stay with AiMesh and have an SFP+ port.

I have a RT-AX89X ordered, and I am preparing all of the accessories needed to hit the ground running when it arrives. I am aware that the 10G RJ45 port can be configured as WAN or LAN. Can the SFP+ port be configured as a LAN port?

I have a RT-AX89X ordered, and I am preparing all of the accessories needed to hit the ground running when it arrives. I am aware that the 10G RJ45 port can be configured as WAN or LAN. Can the SFP+ port be configured as a LAN port?
Yes it can. I'm using it that way.

I have 2 10Gtek 10G-SFP-T that I bought from Amazon which work great for me as a 10Gb backhaul between 2 RT AX89X allowing one 10Gb RJ45 to hook up to my NAS and the other to a 10Gb switch for two 10 Gb devices

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!