What's new

RT-AX92U still on 3.0.0.4.386.46061 since januari '22. Did Asus really stopped supporting this model ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think the feeling is more that you have invested in equipment at a price range where you expect to receive more frequent updates than currently the case.

I think the feeling is more that you have invested in equipment at a price range where you expect to receive more frequent updates than currently the case.
Certainly that.

But also that VPN Fusion is a genuinely useful feature and there is a genuine use case for daily life.
That said, no sense of entitlement. Corporations should follow what makes business sense.

I have yet to use a VPN aside from using TOR years ago. In that case it was on dial-up and even then the increased latency was unwelcome. I guess I could see using a VPN if you were on an unsecured WIFI somewhere, doing what I never do on my "phone". Other than that, especially at home, you're trading your ISP being able to "track you" for some entity elsewhere being able to record every packet you send/receive. Pick your poison...

Other than that, especially at home, you're trading your ISP being able to "track you" for some entity elsewhere being able to record every packet you send/receive. Pick your poison...
Good VPN providers are setup in legal jurisdictions that are “off the radar” Eg. Seychelles, Estonia, etc.

They have a “no records / no logs” policy which they try and get away with. Those locations make it possible.

Mullvad doesn’t even take your email address, and no longer stores *any* payment information. You buy a key, and if you lose it, bad luck.

Whereas your ISP is a completely different kettle of fish.

I have yet to use a VPN aside from using TOR years ago. In that case it was on dial-up and even then the increased latency was unwelcome. I guess I could see using a VPN if you were on an unsecured WIFI somewhere, doing what I never do on my "phone". Other than that, especially at home, you're trading your ISP being able to "track you" for some entity elsewhere being able to record every packet you send/receive. Pick your poison...
My VPN use is not about tracking/privacy, it's rather location.

Regardless of my use case, the concern is related to a relatively high end product being left behind. But like I said earlier, I get it.

This is their latest reply from APAC region

Asus2.JPG

For now I've been using 388.1_0-gnuton1 stable release and so far no issues with my several guest networks (that was my main issue with the last official FW) and even the 2 of the 8 nodes with wi-fi backhaul have no issues at all. Super stable and more than enough for my use case.

But I'm still pissed for Asus taking more than 1y to make an official release to fix important issues!

Pissed is your prerogative, but that is today's business world. Business doesn't happen at the speed of though anymore in any sector/industry.

Pissed is your prerogative, but that is today's business world. Business doesn't happen at the speed of though anymore in any sector/industry.

I simply take issue with older and cheaper models are getting more FW updates in a regular basis than this one. It seems like buying specific asus router models is like gambling if you're going to have a good support or not.

And I feel entitled to be pissed for not having an identified issue with guest networks not being officially fixed for over an year. It's just frustrating and Asus clearly lost a customer and I won't be recommending Asus mesh setups to anyone else because other brands like unify can give you a better service, support and features for a similar price (and even cheaper in some cases).

I don't believe anyone is 'entitled' to be pissed. But I can understand your frustration.

Asus has the best support in the industry, bar none. I don't believe there is anyone else to compare to. They also have the most models to support with increasingly overworked employees. Things take time to materialize in today's economic reality. Even for mega companies like Asus.

I'm glad you have working firmware for your hardware though. Even if it did take some time to get to.

1.5 years is crazy for a frimware update.

Also does anyone know if this unoffical stock frimware 388 is better or worse than the merlin 388 fork for this device?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!