What's new

RT-AX92U still on 3.0.0.4.386.46061 since januari '22. Did Asus really stopped supporting this model ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Finally, a new version is out !
Applied and appears to be stable.
All my devices have reconnected without issue.
Speedtest and Bufferbloat are both good.
No oddities in GUI noted so far.

I'm staying on Merlin, as long as I can.
Mostly for the way they visualize the "Wireless log" page , under "System log"
It's all I need to look at :D

For now I've been using 388.1_0-gnuton1 stable release and so far no issues with my several guest networks (that was my main issue with the last official FW) and even the 2 of the 8 nodes with wi-fi backhaul have no issues at all. Super stable and more than enough for my use case.

But I'm still pissed for Asus taking more than 1y to make an official release to fix important issues!
Have you been able to test the new firmware version (3.0.0.4.388.22525) with your router?

And that's the last straw for me. I'll still keep using gnuton's fw for as long as he keeps updating it but this is the end of the line for me for asus routers. 1x ax11000 + 8x ax92u and the ax11000 won't be getting new features and the ax92u won't get more support. Such huge investment and I regret it so much.

Instead of having a smaller line up of offerings and give proper support, Asus just prefers to flood the market with dozens upon dozens of different models and then give awful support to them. Honestly this makes then no better than cheaper brands like tp-link and such.

I'll be moving to unify which still keeps supporting an ancient AP I have in another house and never coming back.

I was also disappointed as i have invested in 3x AX92U and an GT-AX6000 as Base.
As a testing network I bought a cheap AX56U.

Seeing an AX56U to be discontinued was no surprise, but that’s most of my infrastructure

It was a wild ride and the uncertainty of support lifecycle and quality of firmware upgrades is concerning.

I will use my GT-AX6000 on its own til it doesn’t work no more.

But for sure will never invest in ASUS anymore. There are some nice features but the time I invested after forming the network initially was insane. Just to keep things up to date an running.

I was also disappointed as i have invested in 3x AX92U and an GT-AX6000 as Base.
As a testing network I bought a cheap AX56U.

Seeing an AX56U to be discontinued was no surprise, but that’s most of my infrastructure

It was a wild ride and the uncertainty of support lifecycle and quality of firmware upgrades is concerning.

I will use my GT-AX6000 on its own til it doesn’t work no more.

But for sure will never invest in ASUS anymore. There are some nice features but the time I invested after forming the network initially was insane. Just to keep things up to date an running.
I recommend you guys buy Mainstream Routers like AC68U, AC86U, AC88U(garbage), AX86U, AX88U. I don't really recommend you guys buy
GT Routers and other derivative Routers.

I recommend you guys buy Mainstream Routers like AC68U, AC86U, AC88U(garbage), AX86U, AX88U. I don't really recommend you guys buy
GT Routers and other derivative Routers.

Good advice... just say No! to all those frivolous ASUS router models... buy mainstream 'performance' routers and ignore the rest.

And... a home router purchase is not an "investment".

OE

Hope Asus make a wifi 7 version of the AX92 in the future. They make great satellite nodes in my house along with AX 11000.

I've got 4 AX92Us... I guess time to move on.

I use AX88U as the main and the AX92U as AIMesh nodes. How bad is it to use discountinued routers as nodes?

I use AX88U as the main and the AX92U as AIMesh nodes. How bad is it to use discountinued routers as nodes?

Probably not a problem until AiMesh evolves enough to break some interoperability with an EOL node.

OE

I've got 4 AX92Us... I guess time to move on.

don't think it's completely obsolete till you have plenty of wifi 7 devices in the house and security become an issue. wow. you prety much blanket the whole house with wifi. no dead spot I assume.

Such huge investment and I regret it so much.

You have invested in disposable equipment. Most of it was perhaps never used like router and switch components of AIO routers. Asus AiMesh products and similar TP-Link OneMesh products are genius marketing strategies. People buy more routers even when not needed.

don't think it's completely obsolete till you have plenty of wifi 7 devices in the house and security become an issue. wow. you prety much blanket the whole house with wifi. no dead spot I assume.
Well two 92U are in other family members' home 😄
There they run as primary routers rather than mesh nodes.

You have invested in disposable equipment. Most of it was perhaps never used like router and switch components of AIO routers. Asus AiMesh products and similar TP-Link OneMesh products are genius marketing strategies. People buy more routers even when not needed.
I don't use the router part but I do use the switching part on 6 of the 8 nodes with all ports connected. But it really was money badly spent and I won't ever recommend asus options to friends and family because their support now vs the n66u era and when the ac68u was released is night and day. They were constantly adding features and very frequent fw updates and now it it what it is. Asus just became garbage to me in the network space and totally not worth the premium you are paying for them. Want a quick small mesh network or just a single router? Go to the cheapest brand which will probably serve your basic needs. Want something larger and more feature rich? Go unify or something similar. Asus just took a weird space in the market: overpriced buggy routers that will lose support at random and new features are never guaranteed to reach your model. I'll keep my units with custom firmwares as long as it stays working with the features I require. Once that stops happening then it's ebay with them and my last goodbye to a decadent brand.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!