What's new

RT-AX92u - Traffic analyzer issue - Slow throughput (Wifi + Ethernet)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

leerees

I feel it's only right I share this.

Asus RT AX92u
Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_41535

Recently, I enabled traffic analyzer. Throughput has been significantly worse, It's had me tearing my hair out for the last 2 days. I've been walking round the site like a mad man trying to analyze wifi signals, swapping channels etc. I was even ready to start telling off neighbours for using overlapping wifi channels! Both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz were effected.

It's only until tonight I made the connection and disabled traffic analyzer, WiFi performance went from fluctuating between 50mbps - 100 mbps straight back up to it's usual 400mb/s.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or due to the fact the AX92u has a somewhat modest CPU. Either way, switching it off fixes the issue.

Last edited:
All current consumer Wi-Fi routers have 'modest' processors.

Choose which features vs. compromises you want to live with.

I feel it's only right I share this.

Asus RT AX92u
Firmware Version:3.0.0.4.386_41535

Recently, I enabled traffic analyzer. Throughput has been significantly worse, It's had me tearing my hair out for the last 2 days. I've been walking round the site like a mad man trying to analyze wifi signals, swapping channels etc. I was even ready to start telling off neighbours for using overlapping wifi channels! Both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz were effected.

It's only until tonight I made the connection and disabled traffic analyzer, WiFi performance went from fluctuating between 50mbps - 100 mbps straight back up to it's usual 400mb/s.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or due to the fact the AX92u has a somewhat modest CPU. Either way, switching it off fixes the issue.

Please see this thread...http://www.snbforums.com/threads/ax92u-slow-internet-speedtest-after-upgrade-to-3-0-0-4-386_41535-g1caa24a-firmware.68884/

I also have traffic analyzer enabled. When I upgraded to this firmware, my internet speeds went down. So I reverted back to my previous firmware, and everything is working fast again, even with traffic analyzer enabled.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!