What's new

Rt-ax92u vs Xiaomi AIoT Router AX3600

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ZoltánF

Occasional Visitor
Hi, witch one should i take for my fiber network? Just home use. 2 TV, 3 smartphone, 1 PC, 1 laptop. Upload and download of torrents, sometimes watching Netflix or HBO and from my PC watching on TV my movies.
Thanks in advance.

The Xiaomi appears to be a new release. It has an antenna dedicated to finding/managing Xiaomi IoT products. It's made by "China's Apple". It is based on OpenWRT(?).

I would be concerned that it is too new and too IoT-oriented and not too available yet.

OE

He wouldn't ask if it not available, but other concern about security updates more than a year.

Do you know the reason for a dedicated IoT antenna?

Last edited:
Do you know the reason for a dedicated IoT antenna?

No, not really. It could be simply for automatically finding their IoT devices to populate their app... perhaps something like how WPS adds an unknown node. It smacks of being non-standard and gimmicky, which I like to avoid, not to mention China, IoT, and automatic communications.

We really need to just say NO! to any networking product that wants to do us favors. This is becoming a losing battle as consumer products become "smart". We need standards and regulation to protect consumers from smart products. They are not operating in our best interests... they are exploiting us.

OE

He wouldn't ask if it not available, but other concern about security updates more than a year.

I saw a site selling them as "Preorder". China production has been down lately.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!