What's new

RT-N66U (380.57 or 378.56.2) freezes when I click on client status in Network Map

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hazardass

Occasional Visitor
With the last two releases, 380.57 and 378.56.2, when I click on the round button above "View List" in the Network Map, it takes a while to open the status window and then it freezes. Nothing is clickable and when I reload the page it logs me out. This is in Firefox. I tried Chrome and IE and they both crash with similar symptoms.

Now I'm back to 380.55 and have no such issue. The client status open without a delay and everything runs smoothly.

RT-N66U.jpg
RT-N66U.jpg

Last edited:
Use John's nvram backup and restore tool - works fine on N66 for these versions. Clearly changes to the network device icons data etc. Shame Asus have added eye candy, but have broken basic functionality. The laptop I am using to access the router web interface and ssh command line on the router doesn't appear in the list, presumably because its firewall is blocking pings. But Tomato device list 10 years ago knew how to parse devices from the arp table and dhcp client list...

Yep it worked! Updated FW, did factory reset and then restored the nvram using that utility. No more freezes.
Thank you john9527! I'm glad I don't have to manually configure everything after an update.