What's new

RTRMON RTRMON v1.6.8 -Mar 17, 2024- Monitor your Router's Health (New: AMTM, Network Conn/Bandwidth/Diag + Port Scanner, GT-AXE/AX + Speedtest)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes much healthier with v1.03.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-21 142350.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-21 142350.png
    26 KB · Views: 103
Happy Friday! Doing a 1-2 punch with both RTRMON and VPNMON-R2 today... so you can enjoy the weekend with new toys and features. ;) Big changes and additions happened on page 2:

rtrmon-1.04-2.jpg

RTRMON v1.04 - (July 22, 2022)
- ADDED:
Additional stats on the networking page, including WAN0, WAN1 and LAN IP addresses... as well as WAN DNS IP addresses! Whoo!
- CHANGED: Increased the number of digits after the decimal for all networking traffic to show a little more precision.
- CHANGED: All setup menu's look & feel now match that of VPNMON-R2! We have achieved congruency! :)

Download Link:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.04.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Last edited:
Please give this one a try, @Stephen Harrington! I believe it had to do with the NVRAM variable I was using to look at your WAN DNS entries... there's a few to pick from, so let's see if this works for you!

Download Link:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.05.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Please give this one a try,
That's looking much better :D
So those 2 X DNS are the correct Cloudflare ones I have set for my Primary WAN.
I'm also running AdGuardHome if that makes a difference, as I know it "hijacks" the DNS so it can ad-block.

FinderScreen Shot 23 Jul 2022 at 11.34.41.jpg

To explain for the Secondary WAN, that Huawei 8372 USB dongle is a mini router in it's own right. It has a DHCP server and WiFi built in. I've set its DHCP range to 192.168.2.x, and it sits itself on 192.168.2.1 an its LAN IP/Gateway as you have seen. I then give my Asus a static WAN IP in that range of 192.168.1.100. The Huawei doesn't have a "bridge" mode otherwise I'd put it in that mode so I wasn't Double-NATing when I was on the Failover. Also the mobile network the Huawei sits on is already running CG-NAT, so effectively its actually Triple-NATing. But as it's only a standby, not too worried.

That's looking much better :D
So those 2 X DNS are the correct Cloudflare ones I have set for my Primary WAN.
I'm also running AdGuardHome if that makes a difference, as I know it "hijacks" the DNS so it can ad-block.

View attachment 42996

To explain for the Secondary WAN, that Huawei 8372 USB dongle is a mini router in it's own right. It has a DHCP server and WiFi built in. I've set its DHCP range to 192.168.2.x, and it sits itself on 192.168.2.1 an its LAN IP/Gateway as you have seen. I then give my Asus a static WAN IP in that range of 192.168.1.100. The Huawei doesn't have a "bridge" mode otherwise I'd put it in that mode so I wasn't Double-NATing when I was on the Failover. Also the mobile network the Huawei sits on is already running CG-NAT, so effectively its actually Triple-NATing. But as it's only a standby, not too worried.
Good deal! Wow, quite the setup, @Stephen Harrington! :) I'm glad everything looks correct and is working! I will go re-post my release now... Lol

A slight false start... but v1.05 is now available... thanks to @Stephen Harrington for being the fantastic bug-hunter that he is and reporting this... Release notes below:

RTRMON v1.05 - (July 22, 2022)
- FIXED:
Additional bug that @Stephen Harrington uncovered regarding the WAN DNS NVRAM variable being used, and was yielding some different results for him than it was for me. Changed it to look at a different variable, and built in some more logic that picks the DNS entries depending on which WAN connection is active.
Below, from the v1.04 release that we're just rolling into this to keep everything together in these back-to-back releases ;)
- ADDED: Additional stats on the networking page, including WAN0, WAN1 and LAN IP addresses... as well as WAN DNS IP addresses! Whoo!
- CHANGED: Increased the number of digits after the decimal for all networking traffic to show a little more precision.
- CHANGED: All setup menu's look & feel now match that of VPNMON-R2! We have achieved congruency! :)

Download Link:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.05.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Good deal! Wow, quite the setup, @Stephen Harrington!
Well those little 4G dongles are clever, maybe TOO clever! But useful! :D
Am I to assume that if I Failed-Over to Secondary WAN, the DNS addresses should change to those of the Dongle? Or maybe it will only change to the address of the dongle itself, 192.168.2.1. , given the double-NAT. Can't try it right now but will in next few days and report.

Well those little 4G dongles are clever, maybe TOO clever! But useful! :D
Am I to assume that if I Failed-Over to Secondary WAN, the DNS addresses should change to those of the Dongle? Or maybe it will only change to the address of the dongle itself, 192.168.2.1. , given the double-NAT. Can't try it right now but will in next few days and report.
"Theoretically" they would show the DNS for the Dongle... but yes, please... let me know! I'm actually hoping to play some more with Dual-WAN this weekend, hoping my wife doesn't mind her phone being used for my experiments! :p

I'm actually hoping to play some more with Dual-WAN this weekend, hoping my wife doesn't mind her phone being used for my experiments!
What could POSSIBLY go wrong! I feel a dog-house in your future!
I also intend to have a good long "scientific" look at Dual-WAN and actually install the @Ranger802004 script at last, but that's going to have to wait for at least another week.
I have an upcoming serious block of time on my own for playing which will be perfect.

If you have a IPv6 WAN addy from your ISP, will this show it?

Setting any of the config options to a float causes a crash. I doubt anyone would set their LAN speed to 1000.5, though. Probably.

Setting any of the config options to a float causes a crash. I doubt anyone would set their LAN speed to 1000.5, though. Probably.
I've never heard of speeds using decimals. Hopefully people will have sense, but good catch! ;)

I normally wouldn't have, but I set the interval to 3.5 seconds and just wanted to be thorough.
I'll see if I can trim off any decimals on input like this... thank you!

Unfortunately this will only work for oldskool IP4 configs. ;)
well when you upgrade the graphics from ascii to 8-bit, I'll start getting more interested. how's your BASIC?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!