What's new

RTRMON RTRMON v1.6.8 -Mar 17, 2024- Monitor your Router's Health (New: AMTM, Network Conn/Bandwidth/Diag + Port Scanner, GT-AXE/AX + Speedtest)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Now this is starting to get really good...

Happy Sunday! RTRMON v1.19 is now available... enjoy!

What's new!
v1.19 - (August 28, 2022)
- ADDED:
Added another menu item that allows you to override the default interface assigned to WAN0. Thanks to @adahnert for the suggestion, and for @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow for helping shape this feature! :) This menu item will list the valid interfaces that are currently available on your router for you to pick from. Please note, correct spelling and case sensitivity is very important when entering this value!
- ADDED: The interface name is now visible on page (2) next to the WAN0/1 IP4 address field. This will give you a quick way to view what interface is currently selected to monitor your WAN stats.
- FIXED: Fixed the other menu items so that if someone just hits enter while prompting for a value, that the default value gets added. This should help catch any accidental entries (or cats walking across your keyboard), and increases the chances for a valid entry to be registered.

Download:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.19.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Screenshots of new features:
View attachment 43924

View attachment 43925
personally, i would have implemented each interface as a numerical option, so the user only has to enter a number and not type the full interface name ;-)

personally, i would have implemented each interface as a numerical option, so the user only has to enter a number and not type the full interface name ;-)
But that would make it too easy! Lol. Something to look forward to in a future release. :)

Well you got to leave them wanting more. There will always be room for improvements.

But that would make it too easy! Lol. Something to look forward to in a future release. :)

We can't have that! o_O

Challenge accepted, @Jack Yaz ... Here's to v1.20! :)

What's new!?
v1.20 - (August 28, 2022)
- CHANGED:
Thanks to @Jack Yaz, always pushing me to do better, I have accepted the challenge, and created a numbered list of valid interfaces to choose from instead of typing in an interface name. It is completely understandable that relying on people to type in the correct interface name might cause you to lose faith in humanity, but I was trusting. ;) I think it took me longer to come up with a working method to validate input! LOL

Download:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.20.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Screenshot:
1661726718311.png

Challenge accepted, @Jack Yaz ... Here's to v1.20! :)

What's new!?
v1.20 - (August 28, 2022)
- CHANGED:
Thanks to @Jack Yaz, always pushing me to do better, I have accepted the challenge, and created a numbered list of valid interfaces to choose from instead of typing in an interface name. It is completely understandable that relying on people to type in the correct interface name might cause you to lose faith in humanity, but I was trusting. ;) I think it took me longer to come up with a working method to validate input! LOL

Download:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.20.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Screenshot:
View attachment 43940
well if you want to be the new 'me' around here i will do what i can to push you :D

good work!

well if you want to be the new 'me' around here i will do what i can to push you :D

good work!
Not looking to do that in the slightest... lol. But I do enjoy a good push every so often. Your amazing work has certainly helped me reach higher, but it's all in good fun. If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't be here. ;)

So far so good on the first page, the new Wan0 selection works perfect for me. No errors, and no flashing "ip" command. Cool.

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 8.17.14 PM.png

I haven't looked into it yet, but I still have no RX/TX values. I'll have to see why. This has been an issue since I first ran this script (v1.13? maybe)

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 8.17.50 PM.png

When I know more I'll pass along my findings.

On the third page I'm getting this error....

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 8.18.49 PM.png

However, I can run it manually without any issues, see below.
Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 8.21.58 PM.png

And it leaves this problem.... (unknown operand)
Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 8.18.55 PM.png

Any quick suggestions off the top of your head?

I haven't looked into it yet, but I still have no RX/TX values. I'll have to see why. This has been an issue since I first ran this script (v1.13? maybe)

View attachment 43959

When I know more I'll pass along my findings.
WAN RX/TX values would be found here... do you have anything here?

/sys/class/net/eth5/statistics/rx_bytes (and tx_bytes)

Essentially, under that /sys/class/net folder, you should see a "br0" for your local lan, and the interface names for your wireless... they should all have corresponding statistics folders where this info is kept. If you don't see this, it's probably a limitation due to it being on stock. :(

On the third page I'm getting this error....

View attachment 43960

However, I can run it manually without any issues, see below.
View attachment 43961

And it leaves this problem.... (unknown operand)
View attachment 43962

Any quick suggestions off the top of your head?
If I had to guess, it's because it doesn't have access to write some config file in a certain location... I'm sorry man, I really don't have any ideas. We're trying to make this square merlin peg work in this round stock hole... :(

Last edited:
Hey Viktor, no worries I'm having fun tracking down the issues.

Hopefully I'm not being too much of a pest since I'm not the target audience, so I'll try to keep the feedback/issues to a minimum.

I'll look into the issues on my end (stock firmware) and report back. Totally up to you on how you want to incorporate it for stock firmware.

Hey Viktor, no worries I'm having fun tracking down the issues.

Hopefully I'm not being too much of a pest since I'm not the target audience, so I'll try to keep the feedback/issues to a minimum.

I'll look into the issues on my end (stock firmware) and report back. Totally up to you on how you want to incorporate it for stock firmware.
No worries at all! I'm totally game if you can figure out why things behave they do on stock, and I'll be happy to try to incorporate them. ;)

thanks for the great script!
any chance to update it for AXE16000?
the wifi interfaces are in different order (wl0 is 5-1, wl1 is 5-2, wl2 is 2.4) and there is an extra one for the 6GHz band. (same issue affects YazFi)
thanks

thanks for the great script!
any chance to update it for AXE16000?
the wifi interfaces are in different order (wl0 is 5-1, wl1 is 5-2, wl2 is 2.4) and there is an extra one for the 6GHz band. (same issue affects YazFi)
thanks
Thanks! I would love to make this work for the AXE16000... I would need to figure out your physical router name in order to make an exception for this. I'm sure other models are going to be doing something similar as these become more popular. I would also need to figure out your different interfaces tied to your w0/w1/w2/etc... If you could run some of these commands, that would definitely help me get started?

First, to get a good description of your router model name - execute these 2 statements, and let me know their results:
Code:
[ -z "$(nvram get odmpid)" ] && RouterModel="$(nvram get productid)" || RouterModel="$(nvram get odmpid)"
echo $RouterModel

Next, seeing what your interfaces look like?
Code:
nvram get wl0_ifname
nvram get wl1_ifname

and I'm guessing?

nvram get wl2_ifname

...but you may have to find out what this NVRAM variable is for the Wifi6 interface name? It very well might be "wl3_ifname"? You may have to pick through the NVRAM options using something like this:
Code:
nvram show | grep "ifname"

Thanks for your assist on this!

router model name = "GT-AXE16000"

acs_ifnames=eth7 eth9 eth10
br0_ifname=br0
br0_ifnames=eth1 eth2 eth3 eth4 eth5 eth6 eth7 eth8 eth9 eth10 wl0.2 wl0.3
br2_ifname=br2
br2_ifnames=wl0.1 eth1.502 eth2.502 eth3.502 eth4.502 eth5.502 eth6.502 eth7.502 eth8.502 eth9.502 eth10.502
bsd_ifnames=eth7 eth8 eth10
eth_ifnames=eth0 eth5 eth6
igmp_ifname=eth0
lan2_ifname=br2
lan2_ifnames=wl0.1 eth1.502 eth2.502 eth3.502 eth4.502 eth5.502 eth6.502 eth7.502 eth8.502 eth9.502 eth10.502
lan_ifname=br0
lan_ifnames=eth1 eth2 eth3 eth4 eth5 eth6 eth7 eth8 eth9 eth10 wl0.2 wl0.3
printer_ifname=usb
sta_ifnames=eth10 eth7 eth8 eth9
sta_phy_ifnames=eth10 eth7 eth8 eth9
w2_ifnames=eth1 eth2 eth3 eth4 eth5 eth6
wan0_gw_ifname=eth0
wan0_ifname=eth0
wan0_ifname_x=eth0
wan0_pppoe_ifname=
wan1_ifname=
wan1_ifname_x=eth0
wan1_pppoe_ifname=
wan_ifname=eth0
wan_ifname_x=eth0
wan_ifnames=eth0
wgn_br2_lan_ifnames=eth1.502 eth2.502 eth3.502 eth4.502 eth5.502 eth6.502
wgn_br2_wl_ifnames=eth7.502 eth8.502 eth9.502 eth10.502
wgn_ifnames=br2
wired_ifnames=eth1 eth2 eth3 eth4 eth5 eth6
wl0.1_ifname=wl0.1
wl0.2_ifname=wl0.2
wl0.3_ifname=wl0.3
wl0.4_ifname=wl0.4
wl0_ifname=eth7
wl0_owe_transition_ifname=wl0.4
wl0_vifnames=wl0.1 wl0.2 wl0.3 wl0.4
wl1.1_ifname=wl1.1
wl1.2_ifname=wl1.2
wl1.3_ifname=wl1.3
wl1.4_ifname=wl1.4
wl1.5_ifname=wl1.5
wl1_ifname=eth8
wl1_owe_transition_ifname=wl1.5
wl1_vifnames=wl1.1 wl1.2 wl1.3 wl1.4 wl1.5
wl2.1_ifname=wl2.1
wl2.2_ifname=wl2.2
wl2.3_ifname=wl2.3
wl2.4_ifname=wl2.4
wl2_ifname=eth9
wl2_owe_transition_ifname=wl2.4
wl2_vifnames=wl2.1 wl2.2 wl2.3
wl3.1_ifname=wl3.1
wl3.2_ifname=wl3.2
wl3.3_ifname=wl3.3
wl3.4_ifname=wl3.4
wl3.5_ifname=wl3.5
wl3_ifname=eth10
wl3_owe_transition_ifname=wl3.5
wl3_vifnames=wl3.1 wl3.2 wl3.3 wl3.4 wl3.5
wl_ifname=eth9
wl_ifnames=eth7 eth8 eth9 eth10
wl_vifnames=wl2.1 wl2.2 wl2.3

I can't find @RMerlin post but he mentioned that the order is wl0=5-1, wl1=5-2, wl2=2.4,wl3=6 (note that 2.4 is no longer the first for this model)

I can't find @RMerlin post but he mentioned that the order is wl0=5-1, wl1=5-2, wl2=2.4,wl3=6 (note that 2.4 is no longer the first for this model)
Excellent! This is great info... definitely enough for me to go on! Thanks much! :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!