What's new

Run script

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ferrarista

Occasional Visitor
I have an Asus AX88U Router. Before the last update of the Merlin firmware (388.2_2) I used to have a script running each 3 minutes. Unfortunately, after the firmware update, the script got canceled and I tried to repeat the procedure to have it running. I added it to /jffs/scripts, granted it x permissions and then added to the crontab by copying the following line
Code:
*/3 * * * * /jffs/scripts/reboot_script.sh

The script works fine if I launch it from command line and also the new entry in the crontab appears if I type
Code:
cru l

Unfortunately, if I reboot the router manually, the crontab is reset to it's initial state and this happens also if I type
Code:
nvram commit
after the procedure described above.

How are you adding it to the crontab? You should put your cru command in the services-start script.
Unfortunately I had problems at editing the crontab via crontab -e so I did it via export VISUAL=nano; crontab -e and then saving. How can I add the cru command to services-start?

Create a /jffs/scripts/services-start script that looks something like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

/usr/sbin/cru a Reboot "*/3 * * * * /jffs/scripts/reboot_script.sh"