What's new

Running OpenVPN, but want to bypass Netflix VPN traffic

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pcpumpkin

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

I am using OpenVPN client successfully on my Asus rtn66 running John's Fork Merlin firmware. I am running into a problem because Netflix is blocking all VPN connections now.

I want to be able to configure my router to bypass all Netflix traffic through the VPN.

Has anyone been able to do this successfully. I am located in Canada.

Thanks

Assuming it's just the one client that you want to have bypass it you can just have that client go out the WAN. BTW: There are some VPN providers that have figured out how to get around Netflix's VPN blocking. ;)

I use expressVPN in Thailand and can access only USA netflix with L2TP and openVPN servers in USA. Canadian servers are all blocked by Netflix. If you want Netflix Canada, you must be in Canada.

Hello, I am using expressVPN, with both openVPN clients and L2TP configured on an Asus AC68U router, I am using primarily LA3 server in L2TP mode and netflix is no problem. I have a problem connecting to openVPN servers so I stay with L2TP mode and USA netflix is not blocked on LA3, Washington, Hollywood, New Jersey and Denver servers.

Not sure what you mean by "bypass all Netflix traffic through the VPN"?

Hello, I am using expressVPN, with both openVPN clients and L2TP configured on an Asus AC68U router, I am using primarily LA3 server in L2TP mode and netflix is no problem. I have a problem connecting to openVPN servers so I stay with L2TP mode and USA netflix is not blocked on LA3, Washington, Hollywood, New Jersey and Denver servers.

Not sure what you mean by "bypass all Netflix traffic through the VPN"?

The OP is seven months old now. But I believe what OP wants to do is selective routing for Netflix traffic. In other words, the OP wants all traffic to go through VPN except for Netflix. This is because Netflix started blocking VPN connections back in January 2016. At the time this happened, I was using OpenVPN on a flashed D-Link using dd-wrt firmware. Here are some forums and solutions dd-wrt users found to solve the problem.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1014263#1014263

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewto...start=30&sid=1fdb2bdd179b8d5fd9b014e48788c8cd

Shortly after the Netflix blocks, some VPN providers were able to implement workarounds that are able to get around the blocks. Other VPN providers were not as successful. For me, it is easier to use VPN provider that is able to circumvent the blocks.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!