What's new

Samsung Chronos with Intel 6235 takes long time to connect in Windows 8.1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

binarydad

Regular Contributor
It seems that ever since I updated to 8.1 this started happening. I have Intel version 15.9.1.2 drivers and the AP is an ASUS RT-N66U. All other devices connect fine on both bands. As of recently, if I boot up, it takes a minute for it to finally connect. After it finally connects, it's stable. Not a killer issue, but a little annoying. Not sure why it takes so long.

I've tried both MS and Intel drivers. I've also disabled power management on the device.

Any ideas? Thanks.

It seems that ever since I updated to 8.1 this started happening. I have Intel version 15.9.1.2 drivers and the AP is an ASUS RT-N66U. All other devices connect fine on both bands. As of recently, if I boot up, it takes a minute for it to finally connect. After it finally connects, it's stable. Not a killer issue, but a little annoying. Not sure why it takes so long.

I've tried both MS and Intel drivers. I've also disabled power management on the device.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Try deleting your wireless profile, and then reconnect.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/manage-wireless-network-profiles

You can also give your router completely new SSIDs. Make sure 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz have different/unique SSIDs.

Try deleting your wireless profile, and then reconnect.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/manage-wireless-network-profiles

You can also give your router completely new SSIDs. Make sure 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz have different/unique SSIDs.

Thanks. Tried that earlier, no difference. I tried two different APs as well. Doesn't matter which band I'm in, also.

Really, it just takes about a minute for it to finally connect once it's booted. It's just longer than I'm used to and think it started recently - perhaps from the 8.1 update.

Anyone? I've tried:

- multiple APs
- 5ghz and 2.4ghz

It seems to be just this card in this laptop, seeeeemingly after the 8.1 update, where it takes a couple minutes to finally connect once booted. Another laptop with an intel 5100 and 8.1 doesn't have this issue, nor does another laptop with a atheros card and 8.1 have this issue.

Once booted, it shows it connected for about 5 seconds, then disconnects for almost a minute, then reconnects. Every single time.

I see nothing in the bios. I've disabled any power-saving options I see. I have nothing managing the wireless aside from Windows. I have only one WLAN profile.

Is there a setting that might work? It's annoying when I have apps that rely on a connection at boot and are failing.

Thanks.

I have Intel version 15.9.1.2 drivers.