What's new

Save/Restore IPSEC VPN Server Settings?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rung

Regular Contributor
I need to do a factory reset on my RT-AX58U with Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.388_22525 to see if I can fix the AiProtection email notifications.

I am currently using the IPSEC VPN Server and would like to avoid having to redeploy new client certs.

Is this possible? If so, can anyone tell me which specific files and NVRAM variables I will have to save and restore?

Thank you!

I need to do a factory reset on my RT-AX58U with Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.388_22525 to see if I can fix the AiProtection email notifications.

I am currently using the IPSEC VPN Server and would like to avoid having to redeploy new client certs.

Is this possible? If so, can anyone tell me which specific files and NVRAM variables I will have to save and restore?

Thank you!
Not 100% sure but you should be able to copy/save the pre-shared key then paste it back into the reconfig router. Then add the VPN Clients back in.

And a reset may not fix the email notifications. They have been wonky for some time. Save yourself the effort and don't reset.

Ah, you have been there....

Last edited:
Not 100% sure but you should be able to copy/save the pre-shared key then paste it back into the reconfig router. Then add the VPN Clients back in.

Since I am using IKEV2 I am guessing there needs to be more than the PSK to configure back. Looks like maybe just the /etc/ipsec.conf file and /etc/ipsec.d directory?
Edit: scratch that, that's the tmp folder. Maybe the /jffs/ca_files directory?

Ah, you have been there....

Yes - no response so I assumed no one else is having this issue and I needed to do a reset.

And a reset may not fix the email notifications. They have been wonky for some time. Save yourself the effort and don't reset.

Thank you - I think you must be correct here!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!