What's new

Scheduled Disk Scan for Hub-Connected USBs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gk802

Occasional Visitor
I have a RT-AC68U running the latest Merlin FW. I have a 4-port hub connected to the USB-2.0 slot in which I have 2 SSD drives, running Samba and DLNA. Functionally, it's flawless, but I'd like to schedule a weekly health scan of the drives. Within the NVRAM, the devices are referred to as USB2.3 and USB2.4. The health-scan tab on the network map page of the GUI correctly displays the state of the USB (name, usage %, etc.) and the results of any manually-executed scan, but the scheduler block seems only able to deal with integer USB designations (e.g. USB1 and USB2). If I attempt to schedule a scan, as soon as I hit "apply", the values seem to be correctly set in NVRAM for the key scheduling variables (usb_path2.3_diskmon_freq, etc...), but no scan is ever executed at the selected time. Further, the block on the page that re-displays the schedule updates only from usb_path2_diskmon_freq, etc. I've thought about trying to build a script to execute the unmount/scan/remount and schedule it, but the steps involved are a bit beyond my current expertise. Would welcome knowing whether anyone has successfully implemented a workaround to schedule health scans of hub-connected USBs.